ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitors Visa for Albanian partner

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KellyWelly29
Newly Registered

Visitors Visa for Albanian partner

Post by KellyWelly29 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:38 pm

Hi everyone, just looking for a bit of help from some people who have hopefully been through a similar thing. Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong area, feel free to let me know and I'll move it :)

My partner of 2 and a half years is an Albanian citizen, currently working in Greece - returning to Albania each year to visit family. I spent some time in Albania earlier this year meeting his family, and am due back at the end of December when we would like to apply for a visitors visa for him to visit the UK, he has never been here before.

Can anyone tell me what documentation would be best for me to take? I've read through the information on the home office site but wanted to see if I could hear from anyone who's been through this process. I know that we have to apply online while he's in his country, and then he'll have an appointment but wanted to make sure that he has everything he needs from me.

We've visited the Embassy in Tirana previously but they weren't keen on talking to us and pointed us in the direction of the Internet. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the appointment, and then the decision once the application has been submitted?

On another note, we are thinking about marriage and getting engaged at the end of the year - would there be any documentation required from me for that to happen in Albania?

Sorry I feel like I've asked a lot of questions, any help is much appreciated.

Thank you! :)