ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

discovery2012
Newly Registered

ILR for Dependent

Post by discovery2012 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:04 pm

Hi,
I am going to apply for ILR wit h SET(O) form. I have all the documents and I have passed life in the UK test. My wife has all the documents except she has not passed Life in the UK test. I have booked another test mid November but I am not if she will pass or not. My visa will expire soon as well so she will not get another chance to sit for visa. So my questions is, in case she fail again and I apply using SET(O) form including her as Dependent,

1. Will she get Visa?
2. What kind of Visa she will get?
3. How long visa might be?
4. Will she able to work?
5. Should I know anything you might know? Please share your story.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for Dependent

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:11 pm

Apply for her PBS dependent extension on the relevant PBS dependent form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

discovery2012
Newly Registered

Post by discovery2012 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:59 am

CR001 wrote:Apply for her PBS dependent extension on the relevant PBS dependent form.
Hi,
Thank you for your answer. I think I was asking wrong question. Basically I and my wife want to apply for ILR together. The only problem is that my wife has not passed Life in the UK test. So, to apply together
1.what form/s do we need? Does she need to apply separately or I can include her in my SET(O) as dependent? What should I do?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:10 am

If she fails, then CR001's answer is correct. She is ineligible for ILR, unless she is exempted from the KOLL requirement.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

discovery2012
Newly Registered

Post by discovery2012 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:04 am

vinny wrote:If she fails, then CR001's answer is correct. She is ineligible for ILR, unless she is exempted from the KOLL requirement.
Okay. So, does it mean, I have to use SET(O) for me and PBS dependent form for her?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:11 am

Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

discovery2012
Newly Registered

ILR Application with Dependent

Post by discovery2012 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:38 pm

Hi,
I am (main applicant) want to apply for ILR. I have all documents and have passed Life in the UK test. My wife have all documents but has not passed Life in the UK. We want to apply together with Premium service. So I have few questions to ask-
1. What application form for me?
2. What application form for my Wife?
3. If it is separate application form then in my application (main applicant) form should I include my wife as dependent? In my application form -should I check->single applicant - no dependants? Or Is it completely separate application?
4. How can I book for Premium service at Croydon centre?