ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application after Swedish Marriage

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Taytay
Newly Registered

EEA2 Application after Swedish Marriage

Post by Taytay » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:42 pm

Hi all,

I'm hoping there is someone on this board that has applied for a residence from marrying a Swede and has some advice.

I recently married a Swede. Apparently when you marry a Swede in Sweden (which we did), you receive no official marriage certificate. You receive a certificate but it has no legal implications, it's more of a momento. We were advised by the Swedish government office that we can be sent what they call a "Personbevis". From my understanding it's a certificate stating my new status as being married to a Swede.

Is this "Personbevis" what we need to submit in my EEA2 app as my marriage certificate? I was told that it can be sent in English so won't need to translate it. I hope there is someone out there with experience in Swedish marriages!

Taytay
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application after Swedish Marriage

Post by Taytay » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:42 am

Any one have any advice for this question?

Taytay
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application after Swedish Marriage

Post by Taytay » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:24 am

Found the home office phone number and gave them a ring. Didn't realise there was a number. 0300 123 2253.

For those that may wonder the same thing, the woman from the home office said that the unofficial certificate (or momento as I referred to it) was acceptable for the application as long as it's credibly translated.