ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deadly Urget enquiry for 10 yrs Long residency Language

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

talharana78
Newly Registered

Deadly Urget enquiry for 10 yrs Long residency Language

Post by talharana78 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:37 pm

Hi guys,
I want to send my case for ILR on basis of 10 yrs long residency
Previously I secured my tier 1 general. I current hold ACCA part
Qualified degree which was equivalent batchlors degree when I applied for tier one general and I got extension on the same degree for 3 yrs which is expiring in April 2015.

As my 10 yrs are completed now, and I tried to look for my language requirement meet up , I could not find PB calculator and when I tried to put into tier 2 base calculator it is not awarding any points for my professional qualification.

I tried naaric historically and they don't evaluate UK degrees, which my case is clearly uk but professional degree and I can't locate it on Point base calculator. Even though I have letter from my college and from ACCA saying that it is equivalent to bachelors level but I am scared.

Guide lines does says about uk academic degrees but not about professional degrees.. And previous 2 occasions I was able to take a print out from point base calculators but not this time.

Help pls any gurus..

Malik44

Re: Deadly Urget enquiry for 10 yrs Long residency Language

Post by Malik44 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:15 pm

Letter from college and ACCA stating part qualified is equivalent to UK Bachelors degree level is risky to present in ILR application specially when PBS calculator not awarding minimum 20 points in qualification and 10 points for english language and Naric for sure don't evaluate UK qualification against UK qualification. :)
So its not a good idea to take risk at this level you should go for B1 ESOL Entry level 3.
another point of risk is your qualification is expiring in April 2015
Last edited by Malik44 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

aiza78601

Post by aiza78601 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:17 pm

email to ukvi for clarification and keep email reply as proof for guidance

talharana78
Newly Registered

Post by talharana78 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:18 pm

Thanks Malik.
And what is this ukvi azia? Pls explain? And can they be reached?

talharana78
Newly Registered

Post by talharana78 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:52 pm

Malik, do you think they will completely ignore the fact that i have always been awarded points historically for the same qualification?
and what you mean by my qualifification expiring in 2015? i did not get that?

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:07 pm

talharana78 wrote:Malik, what you mean by my qualifification expiring in 2015? i did not get that?

sorry i got it wrong please ignore.

do you think they will completely ignore the fact that i have always been awarded points historically for the same qualification

I cannot predict either UKBA accept it or not but its my understanding you should go for English language course for the safe side.

Seniors or moderators please clarify if i am wrong

talharana78
Newly Registered

Post by talharana78 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:17 pm

This is the actual wording on the website:

Degrees taught or researched in English

You’ll need to prove your degree was both:

1 taught or researched in English
2 confirmed by UK NARIC as the equivalent of a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in the UK

You’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:

1 a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
2 an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
3 an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)

i can provide 1 from first and no3 from 2nd one.
Any senior advice?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:18 am

talharana78 wrote:This is the actual wording on the website:

Degrees taught or researched in English

You’ll need to prove your degree was both:

1 taught or researched in English
2 confirmed by UK NARIC as the equivalent of a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in the UK

You’ll need your original degree certificate and one of the following:

1 a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
2 an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
3 an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)

i can provide 1 from first and no3 from 2nd one.
Any senior advice?
Some people who passed all 14 papers of ACCA applied for psw visa and their applications were turned down by HO and even courts.

Because ACCA is a professional Qualification and not a degree.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided