ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship for my daughter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Goldie710
Newly Registered

Citizenship for my daughter

Post by Goldie710 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi,my first time to the the board. Both parents and grandparents,are british citizens by birth.
My daughter was born in the USA ,and will be 18 years next year, and also hold a US passport.
My daughter and I (Father) plan to move back to the UK to live. (1) does my daughter qualify as
A British citizen by decent.(2) can she just apply for a British Passport. (3) what documents does both parents
Have to provide to prove that we are both British at birth. Any information would be appreciated.

vinny

Re: Citizenship for my daughter

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:55 pm

When you said "British at birth", did you mean "born in the UK"?

1. Yes, if you or your wife (her mother), was born in the UK (i.e. British otherwise than by descent).
2. Yes.
3. Click above links for further details.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Goldie710
Newly Registered

Post by Goldie710 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:33 am

Yes Vinny,both parents were born in the UK.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:43 am

Should be okay then.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Goldie710
Newly Registered

Post by Goldie710 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:35 pm

So if my daughter is british by decent,does she need to apply for ILR to live and work in the UK,or does she just apply for her british passport. She was born in 1997. I have being told she has to apply for ILR, not by anyone on this board. Confused.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:50 pm

Goldie710 wrote:So if my daughter is british by decent,does she need to apply for ILR to live and work in the UK,or does she just apply for her british passport. She was born in 1997. I have being told she has to apply for ILR, not by anyone on this board. Confused.
First link in vinnay's reply gives answer I see.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:56 pm

Applying for ILR is inappropriate for a British citizen.

Goldie710
Newly Registered

Post by Goldie710 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:31 pm

Vinny thanks for your input. So does my daughter apply for her Passport directly through her father,or mother or does it make any difference since both parents where born in the UK.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:44 am

Shouldn't make any difference.