ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in UK test Prep

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xrootx

Life in UK test Prep

Post by xrootx » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:13 am

Hi,
I am preparing for Life in UK test , for prep I am reading official "A Guide for New Residents, 3rd Edition" is there any other resources I can go through to prepare for my test.

Thanks

argus7
Wales

Re: Life in UK test Prep

Post by argus7 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:58 am

Wikipedia has tons of material

xrootx

Post by xrootx » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:01 pm

argus7 wrote:Wikipedia has tons of material
Thanks very helpful !!

Subtle

Post by Subtle » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:09 pm

xrootx wrote:
argus7 wrote:Wikipedia has tons of material
Thanks very helpful !!
I'd be very careful on Wikipedia. Apparently its contents are editable by anyone!
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:49 pm

xrootx wrote:Hi,
I am preparing for Life in UK test , for prep I am reading official "A Guide for New Residents, 3rd Edition" is there any other resources I can go through to prepare for my test.

Thanks
I read the book couple of times before the test and also used the official test book. Some of the questions in the official test book were exactly the same and I found it very helpful to fill the gap in my knowledge.

xrootx

Post by xrootx » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:56 pm

pelen23 wrote:
xrootx wrote:Hi,

Thanks
I read the book couple of times before the test and also used the official test book. Some of the questions in the official test book were exactly the same and I found it very helpful to fill the gap in my knowledge.
Thanks

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:59 pm

some documentaries on BBC are helpful as well

lukt
- thin ice -

Post by lukt » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:28 am

Try googling for life in the uk test chapter summary
according to 1000s who passed using smart study chapter summaries are better than using the official book.

xrootx

Post by xrootx » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:36 am

lukt wrote:Try googling for life in the uk test chapter summary
according to 1000s who passed using smart study chapter summaries are better than using the official book.

Thanks