ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Albanian Parter

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KellyWelly29
Newly Registered

Visa for Albanian Parter

Post by KellyWelly29 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:50 pm

*posted this in another area but didn't get any responses so trying here instead :)*

Hi everyone, just looking for a bit of help from some people who have hopefully been through a similar thing. Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong area, feel free to let me know and I'll move it :)

My partner of 2 and a half years is an Albanian citizen, currently working in Greece - returning to Albania each year to visit family. I spent some time in Albania earlier this year meeting his family, and am due back at the end of December when we would like to apply for a visitors visa for him to visit the UK, he has never been here before.

Can anyone tell me what documentation would be best for me to take? I've read through the information on the home office site but wanted to see if I could hear from anyone who's been through this process. I know that we have to apply online while he's in his country, and then he'll have an appointment but wanted to make sure that he has everything he needs from me.

We've visited the Embassy in Tirana previously but they weren't keen on talking to us and pointed us in the direction of the Internet. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the appointment, and then the decision once the application has been submitted?

On another note, we are thinking about marriage and getting engaged at the end of the year - would there be any documentation required from me for that to happen in Albania?

Sorry I feel like I've asked a lot of questions, any help is much appreciated.

Thank you! :)

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Visa for Albanian Parter

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:47 am

Does he need your financial sponsorship? If so, you can provide bank statements showing your historical cashflow.
Assuming he will stay with you, it's also important that your provide evidence of you suitable accommodation (deeds or tenancy).

From him, he must provide very strong evidence of his social and economic ties to his current location. Details of work, income and whatever else retains him in that location rather than with you in the UK. There has to be a real intention for him to leave the UK after the visit, in spite of his strongest social tie (his wife) being resident in the UK. This is, perhaps, going to be the most difficult aspect of the application, but if it's made clear that he only intends to visit and then return to his pressing commitments in Greece, it should be able to issue a visit visa. Good luck

KellyWelly29
Newly Registered

Re: Visa for Albanian Parter

Post by KellyWelly29 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:06 pm

Thank you Lucapooka :)

So I can take copies of my payslips, statements and proof of my address/mortgage etc that's no problem.

I agree the hardest part will be something to prove that he has reason to return, his work in Greece is only seasonal and I'm not sure his boss will give him anything that says he can return to work there next year despite the number of years he's been working for him. He obviously has family ties in Albania, which is why he returns there each year as his parents are elderly and his brother has two young children. He has never worked in Albania and doesn't own any property there.

It's so hard when we just need the opportunity for him to visit before we can decide on final plans for our future. This stuff sure isn't easy! :)