ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NON EEA FAMILY MEMBER - NATURALISATION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

slough_Boy

Re: NON EEA FAMILY MEMBER - NATURALISATION

Post by slough_Boy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:02 pm

Sherdiplomat wrote:Hi . I just got PR sticker on my passport . So after 12 month what kind of documents I should send to HO for naturalazation? Unfortunately I divorced with my eu wife and she left country and I have no contact with her. So can I apply for naturalazation without her documents if yes what kind of documents should I sent?
You do not need to worry if you have divorced your spouse,
if you apply naturalisation after 12 months of PR issue date, you do not need anything from your spouse,
you can apply your own.

Sherdiplomat
Newly Registered

Post by Sherdiplomat » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:18 pm

slough_Boy wrote:
Sherdiplomat wrote:Hi . I just got PR sticker on my passport . So after 12 month what kind of documents I should send to HO for naturalazation? Unfortunately I divorced with my eu wife and she left country and I have no contact with her. So can I apply for naturalazation without her documents if yes what kind of documents should I sent?
You do not need to worry if you have divorced your spouse,
if you apply naturalisation after 12 months of PR issue date, you do not need anything from your spouse,
you can apply your own.
Thank you very much for your time and for your answer.

Mido35
Newly Registered

Post by Mido35 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:19 pm

I have been contacted yesterday by the Capita regarding my overstayed visa.and they did ask lots of questions which i did answered
and they updated my file and they will send it to HO. my story is :::

I have arrived in the UK on the 27th of September 2008 on an EEA family member visa vaid for six months. In February 2009 I have applied for the 5 years EEA family member visa in home office and I have received it on the 17th of September 2009.
Me and my wife have been in the UK for over six years now and we both thought that after exercising the treaty rights for the continuance of 5 years we have both acquired permanent residency as per the guidance on Your website regarding the permanent residency :
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... apter6.pdf
, but the phone call yesterday regarding overstayed visa really has put doubts in our minds.
On the 26th of September 2014 we have submitted to Home office all our documents for the naturalisation process for our family and I would like to clear all the doubts regarding my alleged overstayed visa in order to satisfy all the requirements for the naturalization.
Is there anything we have missed in a process ? would you be able to help us in clearing the doubts regarding the permanent residency that we both thought we have?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:51 pm

Just ignore Capita. It was a mistake. You can't overrun a visa as you don't need one at the first place! RC is not mandatory.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Mido35
Newly Registered

Post by Mido35 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:37 pm

THANKS JAMBO, THATS WHAT I THOUGHT THAT I GAINED THE PERMANENT RESIDENCY AFTER 5 YEARS ALREADY WHICH IT MEANS IN MY CASE LAST YEAR 17-09-2013 THEREFORE MY VISA FINISHING DATE DOSENT REALLY MATTER . I DONT KNOW IF I REGRET APPLYING MYSELF NOT THROUGH SOLICITOR ?

Choi Saab

Post by Choi Saab » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:40 pm

Hi Jambo, I have a question and I didn't want to start a new topic so I'm posting it here. Your reply will be greatly appreciated.

I'm a non EU family member of an Eu national.
My wife came to the UK in October'11
She started working in January'12 (still in employment)
We got married in July'12
I got RC in Dec'13

Now I understand that my wife can apply for naturalization in January'18, would I still need to complete my 6years separately or once my wife is a BC I can apply for naturalization straight away even though my RC is valid till December'18?
EEA2 sent : 5-12-2012
COA w/right to work received : 2-01-2013
Refused w/right of appeal : 01-10-13
Parliamentary ombudsman got involved, asked for a review : Nov'13
RC received Dec'13

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:58 am

Choi Saab wrote:Hi Jambo, I have a question and I didn't want to start a new topic so I'm posting it here. Your reply will be greatly appreciated.

I got RC in Dec'13

Now I understand that my wife can apply for naturalization in January'18, would I still need to complete my 6years separately or once my wife is a BC I can apply for naturalization straight away even though my RC is valid till December'18?
You should be able to obtain PR status in July 17. Once your wife would obtain BC, you would be able to apply for BC then.
This is assuming the same rules as today will be in 2018.

Choi Saab

Post by Choi Saab » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:13 am

Thanx for the input brother, much appreciated.
EEA2 sent : 5-12-2012
COA w/right to work received : 2-01-2013
Refused w/right of appeal : 01-10-13
Parliamentary ombudsman got involved, asked for a review : Nov'13
RC received Dec'13

jamesjames

Post by jamesjames » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:35 pm

Jambo wrote:
Choi Saab wrote:Hi Jambo, I have a question and I didn't want to start a new topic so I'm posting it here. Your reply will be greatly appreciated.

I got RC in Dec'13

You should be able to obtain PR status in July 17. Once your wife would obtain BC, you would be able to apply for BC then.
Dear Jambo, you might be able to advise me regarding my case. This is my situation: I did post this question on a different page but got one response so far which didnt quite clarify it for me.
I am a non EU national married to an EU national who already has her naturalization and has just applied for her British Passport and is waiting to receive it. Our continuous 5 years together was on 30th June this year [2014], before she applied for her British Passport.
My question is this: Am I eligible to apply for my own naturalization now or do I have to wait for the 12 months after the continuous 5 years, considering that the 5 years was complete before she became a British citizen? I am asking this because she was still an EU national by the time I completed my 5 year rule.
Your help will be much appreciated.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:43 am

jamesjames wrote:
Jambo wrote:

I got RC in Dec'13

Dear Jambo, you might be able to advise me regarding my case. This is my situation: I did post this question on a different page but got one response so far which didnt quite clarify it for me.
I am a non EU national married to an EU national who already has her naturalization and has just applied for her British Passport and is waiting to receive it. Our continuous 5 years together was on 30th June this year [2014], before she applied for her British Passport.
My question is this: Am I eligible to apply for my own naturalization now or do I have to wait for the 12 months after the continuous 5 years, considering that the 5 years was complete before she became a British citizen? I am asking this because she was still an EU national by the time I completed my 5 year rule.
Your help will be much appreciated.
I believe you already got your answer in the other post. If your spouse is British when you apply, you don't need to wait 12 months.
Once you complete the 5 years under EEA regulations, you can apply. If you don't hold a PR Confirmation (following EEA4 application) you will need to provide your wife's EEA passport and PR Card (or 5 years proof of treaty rights). This will prove you have PR. You will also need to provide your wife naturalisation certificate or British passport and a marriage certificate to apply as a spouse of BC.

jamesjames

Post by jamesjames » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:06 pm

Thanks for your time and answer .

BISON
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by BISON » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:18 am

Jambo wrote:You can apply for British citizenship after 5 years of exercising treaty rights + 1 year so it's 6 years in total. The PR sticker is just a confirmation of your status. You don't need to wait 12 months after the PR sticker date. In that case, you will need to provide evidence of exercising treaty rights. As you would complete 12 months in a few weeks, better just to wait.

If you don't wait for the 12 months pass the PR sticker, you will need to provide evidence of exercising treaty rights (same evidence you provided for the EEA4 application).

In both cases, you will need to provide proof of residence in the 5 years prior to the application. Suggested documentation is listed in the AN form and guide.

hi there
i m new here and i got the same questions and i will much appreciate if some one can give me the answer

my first question is can i apply for BC as a dependent of EEA national who do not apply for BC but got PR with no time limit coz what i got is PR with 10 years renewal date and some one tell me i must obtain ILR if i want to apply for BC
and second Question is i married in jan 2008 , so shell i count my six years from jan or i must wait will oct2016 coz thats the date my PR issued to me

please let me know i will much appreciate.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:40 am

BISON wrote:
Jambo wrote:You can apply for British citizenship after 5 years of exercising treaty rights + 1 year so it's 6 years in total. The PR sticker is just a confirmation of your status. You don't need to wait 12 months after the PR sticker date. In that case, you will need to provide evidence of exercising treaty rights. As you would complete 12 months in a few weeks, better just to wait.

If you don't wait for the 12 months pass the PR sticker, you will need to provide evidence of exercising treaty rights (same evidence you provided for the EEA4 application).

In both cases, you will need to provide proof of residence in the 5 years prior to the application. Suggested documentation is listed in the AN form and guide.

hi there
i m new here and i got the same questions and i will much appreciate if some one can give me the answer

my first question is can i apply for BC as a dependent of EEA national who do not apply for BC but got PR with no time limit coz what i got is PR with 10 years renewal date and some one tell me i must obtain ILR if i want to apply for BC
and second Question is i married in jan 2008 , so shell i count my six years from jan or i must wait will oct2016 coz thats the date my PR issued to me

Check the FAQ (links below) - question 1,5 & 6.

BISON
Newly Registered

Post by BISON » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:23 pm

Jambo wrote:
BISON wrote:

hi there

Check the FAQ (links below) - question 1,5 & 6.

thanks jumbo , that was helpful
much appreciate

Mido35
Newly Registered

Post by Mido35 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:54 pm

hi there i have applied to the naturalization 2 month ago i got the acknowledgment letter and the money was take already so i thought i will call HO to ask about my case as i know from reading posts here that they can tell some up update but they said to me today that i can only ask if it is after 6 month from the time i applied then they can check and give update
i called on 03001232253
is there any other numbers to try and maybe they can help ????? :mrgreen:

marirs
Newly Registered

Post by marirs » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:34 pm

HELLO EVERYONE,

Hi Jambo Guru, hoping you might have an answer.

I HAVE RECENTLY APPLIED (17TH NOVEMBER 2014) FOR A EEA4 PERMANENT RESIDENCY AFTER BEING ON THE 5 YEAR RESIDENCE CARD. HAVING READ A LOT OF POSTS HERE AND MY QUESTION UNANSWERED, I'M EVER MORE CURIOUS AS TO WHY NO ONE ELSE HAS RAISED THIS TOPIC.

SHOULD'NT THE EEA4 PERMANENT RESIDENCE START STRAIGHT AFTER EXPIRY OF THE 5 YEAR RESIDENCE CARD?????

LET ME DETAIL.
MY 5 YR RESIDENCE CARD EXPIRED ON THE 29TH NOVEMBER 2014 AND THE HOME OFFICE TAKES UP TO SIX MONTHS OR LONGER IN SOME CASES. BY THE TIME MY APPLICATION IS SUCCESSFUL AND THE HOME OFFICE GRANTS ME A PR, FOR EXAMPLE I GET IT ON 30TH APRIL 2015, I HAVE WOULD HAVE SPENT ANOTHER ADDITIONAL 6 MONTHS, PLUS THE ORIGINAL 5 YR QUALIFYING PERIOD.

I HAVE RECEIVED THE COA WHICH STATES THAT I CAN WORK, ETC, BUT BASED ON THE ABOVE, MY APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION/BRITISH CITIZENSHIP IS BEING DELAYED BY 6 MONTHS.

SINCE THE HOME OFFICE IS TAKING UP TO 6 MONTHS TO PROCESS AN APPLICATION (MIGHT BE QUICKER IN SOME CASES, WHAT EVER THE TIME IT TAKES), DON'T YOU ALL THINK THE EEA 4 PR SHOULD BE ISSUED STRAIGHT AFTER EXPIRY OF THE 5 YR RESIDENCE CARD AND NOT ON THE DATE THE APPLICATION IS SUCCESSFUL AND PR IS GRANTED, AS WE ALL HAVE LAWFULLY FULFILLED THE CONDITION/RULE SET BY THE HOME OFFICE.

ANY CLARITY IS MUCH APPRECIATED.

THANKS A LOT.

iwantmyresidenceasap
Newly Registered

Post by iwantmyresidenceasap » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:57 pm

Hi

I'm not Jambo Guru but I'm in the same boat as you are.

Please see the following link, it explains a lot. It doesn't matter what date you PR sticker is, you already have PR status immediately after 5 years of date of marriage.

This is what you do next (i.e. NCS)

http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/info/20041 ... vice_ncs/6

I am assuming you are married to a EEA national.

Hope it helps. Merry Xmas.

marirs wrote:HELLO EVERYONE,

Hi Jambo Guru, hoping you might have an answer.

I HAVE RECENTLY APPLIED (17TH NOVEMBER 2014) FOR A EEA4 PERMANENT RESIDENCY AFTER BEING ON THE 5 YEAR RESIDENCE CARD. HAVING READ A LOT OF POSTS HERE AND MY QUESTION UNANSWERED, I'M EVER MORE CURIOUS AS TO WHY NO ONE ELSE HAS RAISED THIS TOPIC.

SHOULD'NT THE EEA4 PERMANENT RESIDENCE START STRAIGHT AFTER EXPIRY OF THE 5 YEAR RESIDENCE CARD?????

LET ME DETAIL.
MY 5 YR RESIDENCE CARD EXPIRED ON THE 29TH NOVEMBER 2014 AND THE HOME OFFICE TAKES UP TO SIX MONTHS OR LONGER IN SOME CASES. BY THE TIME MY APPLICATION IS SUCCESSFUL AND THE HOME OFFICE GRANTS ME A PR, FOR EXAMPLE I GET IT ON 30TH APRIL 2015, I HAVE WOULD HAVE SPENT ANOTHER ADDITIONAL 6 MONTHS, PLUS THE ORIGINAL 5 YR QUALIFYING PERIOD.

I HAVE RECEIVED THE COA WHICH STATES THAT I CAN WORK, ETC, BUT BASED ON THE ABOVE, MY APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION/BRITISH CITIZENSHIP IS BEING DELAYED BY 6 MONTHS.

SINCE THE HOME OFFICE IS TAKING UP TO 6 MONTHS TO PROCESS AN APPLICATION (MIGHT BE QUICKER IN SOME CASES, WHAT EVER THE TIME IT TAKES), DON'T YOU ALL THINK THE EEA 4 PR SHOULD BE ISSUED STRAIGHT AFTER EXPIRY OF THE 5 YR RESIDENCE CARD AND NOT ON THE DATE THE APPLICATION IS SUCCESSFUL AND PR IS GRANTED, AS WE ALL HAVE LAWFULLY FULFILLED THE CONDITION/RULE SET BY THE HOME OFFICE.

ANY CLARITY IS MUCH APPRECIATED.

THANKS A LOT.

marirs
Newly Registered

Post by marirs » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Hi iwantresasap,

Thanks for the information.

My wife is EEA and has applied for British citizenship the same time I applied for EEA4. In my case the best option is to wait for my wife to receive her BC first and then apply for naturalization myself there after.

Is there any better option you suggest?

Thanks again.

Mido35
Newly Registered

Post by Mido35 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:47 pm

Eligibility criteria: 6 years EEA Family Member ( 6 years rule without PR )
Language criteria met: Life in The UK+B1 English
Current nationality: Egyptian
Method of application: Post, it is Joint application myself+my wife (EEA National ) + My son (Born in uk)
Council name if NCS used: None
Date of application: 27/09/2014
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 28/09/2014
Date of acknowlegment: 04/10/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 30/09/2014
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting

i called home office to ask for update on 25\03/15 and i have been told that the case worker will contact me ....
today 04/04/2015i have received all my document back and a letter from home office saying:
{thank you for submitting the enclosed documents in support of your application of British citizenship , for your convenience the enclosed documents has been noted and returned to you . but it may be necessary to ask for them to be returned }.
and it has the case worker name and signature , did any body came across something like that and after more 6 month still i dont know what is going on they didnt say it will be more time to consider as i saw in this fourm {3-6 month letter } and i dont know why they sent my documents back ,please any body can helpppppp