ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC application form need help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sammy2014
Newly Registered

BC application form need help

Post by sammy2014 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:26 pm

hi all , I have submitted my application via NCS on Monday. I have just noticed that I have submitted a copy of the application form ( except page 14 with good character with my picture). neither the lady at ncs nor me noticed this on Monday. I still have the original application form.

I need some ideas. what should I do ?

cheers

t123456789

Re: BC application form need help

Post by t123456789 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:59 pm

sammy2014 wrote:hi all , I have submitted my application via NCS on Monday. I have just noticed that I have submitted a copy of the application form ( except page 14 with good character with my picture). neither the lady at ncs nor me noticed this on Monday. I still have the original application form.

cheers
Why would they send a copy of the application form in the first place? Bizarre. Anyway, I suggest you wait for the acknowledgement letter to arrive and then send in the missing page with a cover letter including your name, their reference etc. There is no legal basis for the form so as long as they have your full name, dob, you've paid and was sent to the right place, your application is valid.

Usually if they don't like your referee they send you that page and ask you to find a new referee and resubmit.

sammy2014
Newly Registered

Post by sammy2014 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:13 pm

t123456789 wrote:
sammy2014 wrote:hi all , I have submitted my application via NCS on Monday. I have just noticed that I have submitted a copy of the application form ( except page 14 with good character with my picture). neither the lady at ncs nor me noticed this on Monday. I still have the original application form.

cheers
Why would they send a copy of the application form in the first place? Bizarre. Anyway, I suggest you wait for the acknowledgement letter to arrive and then send in the missing page with a cover letter including your name, their reference etc. There is no legal basis for the form so as long as they have your full name, dob, you've paid and was sent to the right place, your application is valid.

Usually if they don't like your referee they send you that page and ask you to find a new referee and resubmit.
thank you. my partner copied the form and mixed the picture attached page 14 with the copies so the referee page is original but not the rest of the form. the referees are ok as they are British , accountant and bank officials, there shouldn't be a problem with that.no missing page. except page 14 ,the whole application for is a copy.

the copy looks so real. it was a stupid mistake.it must be the reason that the lady at ncs never noticed.

should I just wait until the outcome or contact them straight after I receive the acknowledgment letter from them ?

cheers

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:45 pm

I would send it as soon as you receive the acknowledgement letter. If you wait for them it's just going to delay your application.

sammy2014
Newly Registered

Post by sammy2014 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:17 pm

t123456789 wrote:I would send it as soon as you receive the acknowledgement letter. If you wait for them it's just going to delay your application.
I will do it like that. they will think I am mad. is there any reference numbers in the acknowledgement letter? or my name and DOB will be enough?

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:34 pm

sammy2014 wrote:
t123456789 wrote:I would send it as soon as you receive the acknowledgement letter. If you wait for them it's just going to delay your application.
I will do it like that. they will think I am mad. is there any reference numbers in the acknowledgement letter? or my name and DOB will be enough?
People often send extra info along, don't think they mind too much. There is a reference number on the letter, also include your address.

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:12 pm

t123456789 wrote:
sammy2014 wrote:
People often send extra info along, don't think they mind too much. There is a reference number on the letter, also include your address.
I would suggest exactly the same thing but would it create some confusion to the case worker or make the application invalid later on saying sammy2014 submitted a copy of an application form in the first place . It would be good if one of the gurus advice on this,

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:10 pm

pelen23 wrote:I would suggest exactly the same thing but would it create some confusion to the case worker or make the application invalid later on saying sammy2014 submitted a copy of an application form in the first place . It would be good if one of the gurus advice on this,
I thought about this too, but if the NCS couldn't tell the difference between the copy and the original then maybe the HO won't either. If I remember correctly it should be the original form. For example the HO will accept email and fax applications if they are time sensitive but the original should also be sent.

Maybe it's better to send the entire original application form and say the NCS sent in the copy with the missing page 14 by mistake? Maybe a guru knows the law.

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:17 pm

Here are the nationality instructions.

For the missing page:

In the type of case described in 6.3.13.a above, the applicant should be given the opportunity to make good the technical deficiency
unless it is clear that the applicant does not meet an unwaivable requirement for registration or naturalisation (see 6.3.28 below).
For the copy:

Applicants may use photocopies of our forms on which to make their application. We do not, however, accept copies of completed forms as the declaration, at least, must be in the original. Applications made by fax or e-mail should not be encouraged but (since the date of an application is sometimes critical) may be accepted provided that the original application form or letter is subsequently received. NB. In order to satisfy the requirement for applications to be accompanied by the appropriate fee, applicants who wish to make their applications by fax or e-mail on or after 21 May 2007 must provide their credit/debit card details.