ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Exhorbitant Fees

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

robinpaul78
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR Exhorbitant Fees

Post by robinpaul78 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:23 am

I would be eligible for ILR in 1 and half years.
Was just looking at the fee chart for ILR https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... l_2014.pdf

My application will be for me, my wife and 2 kids.... as per the new Fee table, the ILR Fees will work out to be
£1,093 X 4 = £4,372
This is extortion... How can Home Office justify such a fee for ILR visa?

Is there any legal recourse to challenge this?

There used to be a process some years back where if the dependent visa application was submitted along with the main applicant there was not extra fee charged for the dependents. This is how it should be even now.

Has anyone thought of filing a Litigation against the Home Office in this regards?

vinny

Re: ILR Exhorbitant Fees

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:20 am

The fees will probably go up more by the time you apply.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:47 am

robinpaul78 wrote:I would be eligible for ILR in 1 and half years.
Was just looking at the fee chart for ILR https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... l_2014.pdf

My application will be for me, my wife and 2 kids.... as per the new Fee table, the ILR Fees will work out to be
£1,093 X 4 = £4,372
This is extortion... How can Home Office justify such a fee for ILR visa?

Is there any legal recourse to challenge this?

There used to be a process some years back where if the dependent visa application was submitted along with the main applicant there was not extra fee charged for the dependents. This is how it should be even now.

Has anyone thought of filing a Litigation against the Home Office in this regards?
Lol! Not that long ago it was all free!! Litigation? Don't be daft, it's like it's like proposing the new Aston Martin should be cheaper so we can all have one of those. The cost is the cost.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:10 am

@Wanderer, you also forgot to mention that it is an applicants choice to apply for ILR, no one is forcing them to apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:30 am

In 1.5 years the fee may be raised from 20%-30% from current fee. You should work & save well from now because it's the best source of income for UKBA. And one day their revenue may compete TESCO.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:32 am

Do UKBA/UKVI offer shares to public?