ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Degree Certificates - If you don't have original

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newyork2london
Newly Registered

Degree Certificates - If you don't have original

Post by newyork2london » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:25 pm

Hi!

I was hoping to hear from anyone who was approved for HSMP but was unable to send the original degree certificate (not for proof of academic qualifications but for the English language certification).

I'm from the US and went to a well-known university. My actual degree certificate has been lost and can't be replaced, so instead I sent

- Letter of certification from the Univ. registrar (signed and stamped)
- Transcript (signed and stamped)

Just want to calm some nerves as I wait for the letter - thanks in advance for your replies!

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:17 am

First of if you are claiming points for your qulification, then you should get a duplicate Degree certificate.

If you are trying to provide evidence that you were taught in english while living and studying in US, then you still need to provide a degree along with university letter.

My case for rejected due to not having degree certificate, though I was cliaming poitns for qualification.

Hope IT may help
Kaff

tdpowers
Newly Registered

Post by tdpowers » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:41 am

Yeah, I'm from the US too. I asked the Home office this question before. They advised that you should try and get a duplicate certificate if your original is lost. If not, you'll need a letter from the university stating why they were unable to produce a duplicate certificate along with your transcript and letter.

I hope this helps and good luck!!!

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Degree Certificates - If you don't have original

Post by pantaiema » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:53 pm

Dearcnewyork2london

Are U recent graduate who are awating the issue of certificate or You have graduated for somtimes now?
newyork2london wrote:Hi!

I was hoping to hear from anyone who was approved for HSMP but was unable to send the original degree certificate (not for proof of academic qualifications but for the English language certification).

I'm from the US and went to a well-known university. My actual degree certificate has been lost and can't be replaced, so instead I sent

- Letter of certification from the Univ. registrar (signed and stamped)
- Transcript (signed and stamped)

Just want to calm some nerves as I wait for the letter - thanks in advance for your replies!
Pantaiema

shaik
Newly Registered

Post by shaik » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:24 am

Hi,

I am new to this forum, I am in process of HSMP, Can some one please clarrify my issue.

I have completed my degree in 2003, and got my convocation in feb 2007.
my degree was awarded in feb 2007 and my completion of degree is 2003, My degree certifcate shows that i have awarded degree in 2003 and my marks cards shows that i have completed my degree in 2003.

I got my meduim of instructions letter from university in which it says that i have awarded my degree in feb 2007.

I am claming points for my past earning from sep 2006 to aug 2007.
Will home office consider it as a diffrence that i have earned before completion of my degree?

Some one please let me know as it is very urget .

I would be very glad if some one let me know.