ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Germany Family Reunion Visa Options

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Worrie
Newly Registered

Germany Family Reunion Visa Options

Post by Worrie » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:54 am

Hello all,

I am non-eu citizen who is married to a German Citizen. We got married in Germany and we have the certificate from local office in germany. I am based out of uk and have a UK work permit. She lives and works in Germany. Right now, we are currently making decision where to settle down. My preference is uk as I have a good role as a management consultant. Hers ,ofcourse, is closer to the family. If I move to germany, I guess I will apply for a Residence permit. Will I be able to work under a residence permit. Or i will need to also apply for a work permit. I am also thinking of a EU Blue Card but that will tie me down with a company which I want to be flexible. Also, are there different type of residence permits i.e. If i am married to a german citizen who is working in germany and we got married at the local office or if i am married to a german citizen outside germany and now we want to move to germany?

Any insights will really help.

Cheers

mgb

Re: Germany Family Reunion Visa Options

Post by mgb » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:32 am

You are allowed to work under a residence permit.
Problem is precondition for everything based on national german law for family reunion is basic knowledge of the german language and proof via a A1 German language certificate from the Goethe Institute.

You can find the procedure here:

http://www.london.diplo.de/Vertretung/l ... union.html

Worrie
Newly Registered

Post by Worrie » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:56 am

Thanks for the reply,
But there are two sections that I can see there

a) http://www.london.diplo.de/contentblob/ ... ermany.pdf this can apply to me

b) http://www.london.diplo.de/contentblob/ ... ermany.pdf

a) says that if I dont need a A1 if I have a Msc or degrees that are accepted. I have an engineering degree, an MBA and an MSC all from the top universities of the world. My firm has a branch there and I can maybe move over to there with my job.

Cheers

mgb

Post by mgb » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:57 pm

You can try to get a exemption from the A1 certificate. Write a mail to the german embassy in London and ask about the circumstances.