ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence card next step

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PoppyJames77
Newly Registered

Residence card next step

Post by PoppyJames77 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:09 pm

My husband is Moldovan and I am French ,

we met in London in 2007 and get married in july 2010 without leaving the UK ( we have two children born in Uk).

He received a 'residence card of a family member of EEA national (me) on the 17th december 2010 and it will expired

in december 2015.

Am I right to think that he can apply for an ILR in the UK a month before his visa expired?

Unfortunately we will be married for 5 years only in july 2015 so he may not be qualified for the ILR.

So can he applies for a permanent Residence Card?

I also will love to know If i need to apply to 'settle in the uk' or is it already in the system when we applied for his visa?

Thank you

PoppyJames77
Newly Registered

Re: Residence card next step

Post by PoppyJames77 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:27 pm

Dear everyone,

Following my post earlier I went into further researches and I can see that because my husband and I are married and are exercising the Treaty Rights for more than 5 years then he may be eligible for a EEA2 residence card? (£55 seems too good to be true)?

I will be very glad to have any comments on those posts .

Kind Regards.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:29 pm

PR (permanent residence- EEA4) is the correct route under EU route which is equivalent to ILR. In order to secure PR you (EU national) must have been exercising your treaty rights by working/self employed/studying/self sufficiency for the last 5 years since the day of wedding and must not have been absent for more than 6 months in any year.
**Under EU route the application cannot be sent 28 days earlier than the qualifying time in contrary to the applications made under UK PBS system**.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

PoppyJames77
Newly Registered

Post by PoppyJames77 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:37 am

Thank you sheraz7 !