ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Tier 2 Visa in the 28 days Grace Period

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Applying Tier 2 Visa in the 28 days Grace Period

Post by manci » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:18 pm

The two options are either to stay in the UK and continue studying/working until you receive your refusals or to ask for your documents to be returned. In the latter case from https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml :

Withdrawing your application will also withdraw any applications for dependants linked to your application. All documents submitted will be returned to you. The application fee will not be returned. If your leave has expired while you were awaiting a decision, you will become an overstayer on the date the application is withdrawn and any subsequent in country application that you make will be out of time.

As stated above, if you choose to withdraw your application and ask for your documents to be returned you will become an overstayer on the date the application is withdrawn and should leave the UK within 28 days from that date (all being well you'll have the documents back in 14 days, i.e. there will be another 14 days to prepare for the journey). Note that overstaying up to 28 days is disregarded for immigration purposes and will have no adverse effect when you apply again from abroad.

Normally if the biometrics invitation is not taken up a reminder is sent but in your case since your husband's restricted CoS has definitely been denied you may or may not get the refusal decision without having done the biometrics.

adithi10
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by adithi10 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:18 pm

@Manci

Thank you so much for your help and time.

we are filling the application for withdrawal of application and returning of documents.

adithi10
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by adithi10 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:39 pm

i got my documents within 3 days of applying for withdrawal of application.

I had one more query.

when i apply next time for the visa what do i need to fill for "Have you ever overstayed"

thanks

Lokez21
Mood:
India

Post by Lokez21 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:48 am

I think u guys did not fall under overstaying category.
What say @manci ?

adithi10
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by adithi10 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:20 am

Hi,

My husband got the restricted CoS accepted yesterday finally.

So me and my child is planning to apply along with him from india.
Is it enough for dependents to fill the online form if applying along with main applicant.

Documents required for main applicant:
Passport
CoS number
TB Certificate
English language requirement
bank statement

Documents required for dependents:
Passport
Marriage Certificate
Bank statement
TB Certificate

Is there any supporting documents i am missing.

Waiting for the reply
Adithi.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:20 am

lecooper
Newly Registered

Post by lecooper » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:32 pm

I am under a tier 4 student s which expires in 29 of January.

I have applied for Tire 2 EU family Member(unmarried) on early July but I have been refused. I have submitted another application Under the same category with more evidence of being in a serious relation with my partner. still waiting for an answer.

late Nov, My company has applied for sponsor license so they can keep me on my position as web-developer. So they are in a process of getting sponsor license and I am expecting to be issued after 29/Jan.

My Questions are:

Can I apply to Tier 2 General visa before 29 of Jan with out COS?
If I applied with in e 28 days Grace Period will I be considered as over stayed?
If my Tier2 (EU family member) is refused and I appeal against it and I won can you switch from Tier-2 EU to Tier-2 General in the future?

Any other suggestion could help me to don't leave the UK as my situation is a complex one and I cant go back home because its in war and un stable and there aren't UK embassy there :(

Your help is highly appreciated.

nav_anj
Newly Registered

Post by nav_anj » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:32 am

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 4 visa valid till 24 Feb'15 and I've managed to get a job offer. But there has been delay from the company's side in issuing COS. The company says that it will take at least a week from today to release COS as they will be applying to Home Office. I don't exactly understand what that means, as the company already has an A-rated license.
The company has advised me to consider 28 days grace period option (will be going for premium -say day- service). Is this option applicable only if I submit online application by 24 Feb'15? When we say apply within visa expiry date, does that mean submitting online application or submitting online application with a confirmed appointment.
Could you pls advise options for me?

Thanks & Regards,
Nav