ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI/PIO for my new born in UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

usualspellings
Newly Registered

OCI/PIO for my new born in UK

Post by usualspellings » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:24 am

Hi,

I am really looking for some advise here,

I am an Indian citizen holding an Indian Passport with a EEA family member residence card(my wife being EU National) residing in London. My wife is a permanent resident in UK holding a Dutch Passport residing with me in London.

What would be the best option for our new born son to obtain,

1) An Indian passport first and then going through all steps to get an OCI. As of now it has been a nightmare getting any sort of information from the HCI London, as they are requesting for one of the documents to be a 'Letter from the Dutch Embassy/Dutch Foreign Ministry stating my son has not acquired Dutch Nationality'. But any Dutch Authority does not provide any such document to anyone, as confirmed through numerous successful email correspondence.
The HCI, London is simply not even trying to understand this basic statement and willing to advise any alternative supporting document. Which is causing unnecessary delay and frustration.
Please suggest.

2) Get a Dutch or a British Passport (does it matter which one?) for my son and then get an OCI on it based on my Indian Citizenship. Does it make any difference if my wife is still holding a Dutch Passport.

3) or Get a PIO,

Rules on OCI/PIO seem to be changing soon, any advise on that.

Will really appreciate your advice.

Kind regards

UP

ban.s

Re: OCI/PIO for my new born in UK

Post by ban.s » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:24 am

there is no point going for an Indian passport for the child and then later to OCI.

your child is not eligible for OCI yet (as you are still an indian citizen).

i would go for option 3 - applying for PIO either on a British or Dutch passport (preferred British)

usualspellings
Newly Registered

Re: OCI/PIO for my new born in UK

Post by usualspellings » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:43 am

Thank you so much for your advice bans.s