ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success >180 days absence in a single year

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

draveshiya
Newly Registered

ILR Success >180 days absence in a single year

Post by draveshiya » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:05 pm

Now This is my turn to contribute back to this forum, I believe this is the best managed online forum I have ever seen and has lots of information if you can use it wisely.

Today I have been to Croydon for PEO appointment and by God's grace it was approved. I was not very hopeful about the application as I had 296 days of absence in a single relevant year counting backwards (not split into 2 years)

I was on Tier 2 ICT and have been working with the same employer since my arrival here. My second entry clearance is dated 24 Nov 2009 and I arrived here on 29th Jan 2010. Before that I had been to UK in 2008 for around 5 months.

I have been holding continuous visa since June 2008 without any break however I got second entry clearance on 24th Nov 2009 from India. From then all extensions were done in UK.

Count of Absence is below:
Year 1 - 11 Nov 2014 to 12 Nov 2013 - 25
Year 2 - 11 Nov 2013 to 12 Nov 2013 - 38
Year 3 - 11 Nov 2012 to 12 Nov 2011 - 4
Year 4 - 11 Nov 2011 to 12 Nov 2010 - 292
Year 5 - 11 Nov 2009 to 12 Nov 2010 - 82

I had shown 292 days of absence as compassionate and produced all related documents. My wife was not well in 2011 and hence we had to go to India for her treatment. I submitted NHS letter and her treatment related docs as the proof. I also detailed out overall situation as a story in the cover letter for CW.

I would say if you are applying under compassionate reason then be honest and produce documentary proof to back up your story. Such application is always risky so take some risk sometime it is worth it.

Never trust solicitors they dont anything I would say, I spoke to top 3 solicitors and none of them was ready to take my case even though I was ready to pay.
Rely on this forum, do your research and keep contributing back to this forum. I gathered links of all complicated cases approved in last 5 years I will put those links in a separate post, information gathered from these links helped me a lot.

Croydon experience was amazing, it took around 1.5 hours to process and approve my case. Mine was not a straight forward case so it was handled by senior case worked as mentioned in the CW guideline

Hope this helps everyone.

SKJMR

Re: ILR Success >180 days absence in a single year

Post by SKJMR » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:10 am

congrats..all the best

ramarajp
Newly Registered

Post by ramarajp » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:36 pm

Hi,

I am also in the same situation. i also had some long gap and i need your inputs badly.

Can you please post the links you have for the complicated ILR cases if you have?

Also if you could pm your mail id / contact number ,it will be very helpful...

Thanks.

Regards,
Prabhu

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:52 pm

Congrats! Should also add, kudos to the UKBA for fair treatment in this genuine case.
Cheers,
OR

ankur6006

Post by ankur6006 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:56 am

Dear All,

I am in a same situation as yours. I am in the UK since September 2004. I came as a student and later converted student visa into Tier 1 General on 7th July 2009. I have done first & second extension. My current leave expiry on 7th July 2017. By that time I will be in the UK for nearly 13 years.

My query is during 2012, my was pregnant and not keeping well here therefore we went to India for her treatment. I came back after nearly 11 months (327 days). My stay can be divided into two parts but sill in one year I have 182 days. I am not sure whether CW will consider or not.

ramarajp wrote:Hi,

I am also in the same situation. i also had some long gap and i need your inputs badly.

Can you please post the links you have for the complicated ILR cases if you have?

Also if you could pm your mail id / contact number ,it will be very helpful...

Thanks.

Regards,
Prabhu