ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa application Delhi

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

esukhpreet9
Newly Registered

Spouse visa application Delhi

Post by esukhpreet9 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:46 am

Hi guys,

My wife went to apply for a Family of a settled person visa yesterday and I have an ILR. While filling in the form online for the question:
Are you exempt from the English language requirement?
We entered "No" as she is an Indian and we were submitting a certificate from her university to confirm her degree was taught in English.

When she went there the lady who took her documents asked her to fill in as a Yes and made her change it to "Yes". My wife and I had an understanding that we can be exempt only if we are from the list of English speaking countries or aged > 65 etc. My wife did not agree to say yes and then that lady went inside to check with someone else and again confirmed it is a Yes if you have a degree taught in English so she had to do it.

Since then we have been checking online but nothing could prove that what that case worker made us write was correct. So we are bit worried if she did correct to agree to her.

She also took all my (sponsor's) originals including my degree certificate, which I don't understand why because I have proved my qualifications multiple times in all my tier 1 extensions and ILR application.

Can any expert help us on this?

Regards
Es

ashjay2012

Re: Spouse visa application Delhi

Post by ashjay2012 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:09 pm

u need to say "NO' and after that u need to submit certificate from university.. but i think there wont be any prob becoz u have submitted enough doc. i think ECO will understand. but still m not sure how they consider it.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Spouse visa application Delhi

Post by alil2014 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:41 pm

esukhpreet9 wrote:Hi guys,

My wife went to apply for a Family of a settled person visa yesterday and I have an ILR. While filling in the form online for the question:
Are you exempt from the English language requirement?
We entered "No" as she is an Indian and we were submitting a certificate from her university to confirm her degree was taught in English.

When she went there the lady who took her documents asked her to fill in as a Yes and made her change it to "Yes". My wife and I had an understanding that we can be exempt only if we are from the list of English speaking countries or aged > 65 etc. My wife did not agree to say yes and then that lady went inside to check with someone else and again confirmed it is a Yes if you have a degree taught in English so she had to do it.

Since then we have been checking online but nothing could prove that what that case worker made us write was correct. So we are bit worried if she did correct to agree to her.

She also took all my (sponsor's) originals including my degree certificate, which I don't understand why because I have proved my qualifications multiple times in all my tier 1 extensions and ILR application.

Can any expert help us on this?

Regards
Es
You are also exempt from the english language requirement if you hold a degree that is taught in English, and is equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree or above. However if this degree was taken outside the UK then you will need to complete UK NARIC English Language Assessment which would basically confirm that your degree meets the requirements and was taught in english.