ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on British Passport - grand parents' details

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gsa09
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Query on British Passport - grand parents' details

Post by gsa09 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi,

I'm planning to apply for a British Passport through Post Office Check & Send service (Paper form). I've a query on Section 4, Parents' Details.

I've filled in my parents' details, but, does it require to provide my grandparents' details as well on a separate paper?? [My parents were born before 1982 and also born in India.]

Section 4 says as following!!

If both parents named below were born after 31st December 1982 OR were born outside the UK, we will also need the full name, town, country, date of birth and date of marriage of your grandparents (or details of your parents claim to British nationality). Write these details in Section 8, or on a separate piece of paper.

Your help is much appreciated.

Cheers.

t123456789

Re: Query on British Passport - grand parents' details

Post by t123456789 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:32 pm

If you are British via naturalisation then you do not have to fill in your grandparents details, or write something like "Grandparents details are unknown".

gsa09
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Query on British Passport - grand parents' details

Post by gsa09 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:06 pm

Yes, I'm, that really helps. Thank you very much for the quick reply.