ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit refused

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bubo
Newly Registered

EEA family permit refused

Post by Bubo » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:03 pm

Hello,

I'm a citizen of Slovakia finishing my studies in the UK. My wife is Brazilian and we have been married for 15 months and have 18-years old daughter. We have been living in Slovakia for the last 10 months but wish to move to the UK so I can finish my studies. My wife applied for the EEA family permit at the end of October but got it refused. We submitted all the required documents including our marriage certificate and a letter declaring that we will travel together. Could you please help what to do?

The immigration decision states only this without giving any further details:

I therefore refuse your EEA family permit application because I am not satisfied that you meet all of the requirements of Regulation 12 of the Immigration Regulations 2006.

As I have learnt only recently we could have travelled to the UK and receive the permit at the UK border. In addition, my wife as a Brazilian citizen does not need visa to enter the UK as a tourist. What would you advise us to do? Should we appeal or just decide to travel to the UK without receiving EEA family permit prior to our travel? We worry a bit because of our daughter and the necessary accommodation arrangements to be done before traveling to the UK.

Thank you
Bubo Newly Registered Posts: 1Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:21 pm

vinny

Re: EEA family permit refused

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:02 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.