ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Success!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hammer2001
United Kingdom

Visa Success!

Post by Hammer2001 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:28 am

Just had the great news that my wife's and stepdaughter's settlement visas have been granted yesterday.

My wife's visa is the expected spouse visa valid for 33 months.

But confusingly, my stepdaughters visa which also has the same expiry date, has "Indefinite leave to enter" written on it.

Can someone explain to me what that means?

SoHopeful

Re: Visa Success!

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:08 pm

Congrats!

ILE is the same as ILR but when issued outside of the UK. Not sure about the expiry date though, hopefully someone will shed some light...
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... remain-ilr

corasson

Post by corasson » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:01 am

Congratulations Hammer2001 . If I may asked. Which form and apendix did you use for your wife and stepdaughter application? What sort of maintenance and accommodation you have to show? And for how long did your application last.
I'm in the process of applying for my daughter too but I'm a single mum here in the UK.

Thanks

mani88
Newly Registered

Post by mani88 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:28 pm

Hammer2001 wrote:Just had the great news that my wife's and stepdaughter's settlement visas have been granted yesterday.

My wife's visa is the expected spouse visa valid for 33 months.

But confusingly, my stepdaughters visa which also has the same expiry date, has "Indefinite leave to enter" written on it.

Congrates !

When did u apply? how long did it take to get the visa?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:31 pm

Hammer2001 wrote:

The Visa was issued in error, its duration should have been in line with that of her mother.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors