ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Uk Immigration System

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CHINN

work permits uk presentation on the NEW TRIER SYSTEM

Post by CHINN » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:03 pm

Hi,

Follow the link

http://www.iom.int/jahia/webdav/site/my ... ndrell.pdf

IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 120 member states, a further 20 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries.

Chinn

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:40 pm

Hi CHINN

Why have you posted this link to a powerpoint presentation?

It seems to be out of date because SBS is now only open to Bulgarians and Romanians (apart from changes of employment and extensions). It doesn't mention doctors either. The presentation also states 'revised in 2003' about HSMP. It has '2004' as part of the address, which also suggests to me the presentation is a pretty out of date overview of the work of Work Permits UK.

Something that has been announced recently is:

Points Based System: The Accreditation of T4 (Students) Sponsors

The most recent change is that colleges will have to tighten up about accreditation, which will hopefully cut down on those colleges currently offering Pebble Hills and Dublin Metropolitan "degrees".
All private education providers will need to be accredited by one of a limited number of Agency-approved accreditation bodies before they can qualify for as sponsors. The Home Office enlisted the assistance of Ofsted to help it determine which accreditation bodies provide an appropriate test of the bona fides of an educational institution and the following accreditation bodies have now been approved:

Accreditation UK – which offers an accreditation service for English language centres;
BAC – the British Accreditation Council – which offers a more general accreditation service to cover a wide range of different educational establishments;
ASIC – the Accreditation Service for International Colleges - which also offers a general accreditation service to cover a wide range of different educational establishments.

(edited because of my bad spelling)

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:34 pm

Hello member,
As of now I think the new PBS affects only who need a work permit. The rules shall be made simpler for an employer to sponsor a work permit.
But would it affect the hsmp 1+3 extension candidates for their flr application again. HO has changed the rules so many times, am just tired reading all the new rules, dont get any time to concentrate on my work related study.

narayans_007
Newly Registered

Tier1 seems to be exactly same as HSMP

Post by narayans_007 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:04 am

As per this report, Tier1 points table is equivalent to existing HSMP

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/a ... ndpap1.pdf

alientrader

Post by alientrader » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:58 pm

But it is not equivalent.
According to HSMP for 29 and below you get 20 points

but according to the command paper, if you are 28 or 29 you get only 10.

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

Post by vinay shanthi » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:54 am

CHINN wrote:Hi,

Tier 1 will be for scientists,entrepreneurs, i.e. applicants educated above masters degree and tier 2 would be for doctors, engineers, teachers, dentists etc. They have not still completed the internal consultation on the tier system. We should hear the final version some time later in the year.

or further details follow the link
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutu ... asedsystem

Chinn
chinn where did you find the reference for doctors being in tier 2. can you give me the link?

as far as i can see in this document it says "tier 2 - skilled workers with a job offer, e.g. nurses, teachers, engineers"

so if you came across this somewhere else, can u giv the link

Filipinas

Tier 1 an Tier 2

Post by Filipinas » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:55 pm

Please follow this link (yeah, I know another link to check- sorry):
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/a ... ndpap1.pdf

The guideline is dated Mar 2006, but it shows the bigger picture of the HOs plans and where they are trying to lead all of us.

From what I gather here, Tier 1 basically has the nature of HSMP requirements and it is for those who would meet the PBS requirement for that tier. And just as how we are now, the individual has the freedom to choose his/her employer or even, start up a business. Generally, educactional attainment will merit specific points (Ba to Phd) just as how it is being applied now. No mention of higher than MA or something to that effect requirement. Tier 2, which will need sponsorship from their respective employers, is the equivalent of the WP.

As I see it, we are indeed in the "transitional stage" right now, where they are trying to marry (and at the sametime, justify) their "grand" tiered scheme for 2008.

True, there's no point getting over-stimulated on this- well, not until HO has finally come up with the ACTUAL requirement and and application form- at this time- they just keep on changing it. There is just so many IFs that they can do and adding extra pressure on ourselves on something that has not come up yet is just pushing ourselves to our respective ends.

Filipinas

CHINN

Post by CHINN » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:43 pm

New immigration point system(no appeal)

The Government agrees that, where possible, internal review is preferable to a formal appeal. Under the Points Based System, where appeal rights are removed from those seeking entry clearance, they will be replaced by an effective internal administrative review process which is being developed now. We will ensure that the administrative review will provide applicants with a swift and effective remedy where a factual error has been made. Management Information requirements are part of the Points, Identity and Documentation programme, which will include keeping statistics on the Administrative Review process

Other considerations to take into account are whether additional fees should be levied for reviews and at what point the evidence provided in support of an application has changed so much that it would be more appropriate for a fresh application to be made with payment of the associated fee

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/635...tus/Cm6910.pdf

Source:Green Bird

Chinn