ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few Naturalisation Queries to answer please !

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Few Naturalisation Queries to answer please !

Post by huqqapani » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:16 pm

Hi

I am about to submit the naturalisation application and have the following queries. Hopefully you people can help me with these.

* Professional referee - Would a Chartered Engineer (registered with IMechE - Institution of Mechanical Engineers) satisfy this requirement?

* Language Requirement - I have a MSc from a UK university. Does that satisfy the requirement? Do I need to post the original certificate (and/or transcript) of the degree or a photocopy with suffice?

* NCS - Are there any pros and cons for using this service i.e. does this speed the process up in any way apart from the benefit of keeping the original documents with me.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Few Naturalisation Queries to answer please !

Post by milan69 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:33 pm

1. Yes
3. Staff at NCS are trained by HO and can give valuable information. They will look at your documents and only accept your application if you fulfill the requirements. I recommend that you use their service. I don't think that using them will speed the process.
I am sometimes wrong.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:51 pm

Thanks milan69

Anyone who can answer query no. 2 please?

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:59 pm

huqqapani wrote:
* Language Requirement - I have a MSc from a UK university. Does that satisfy the requirement?

Yes

Do I need to post the original certificate (and/or transcript) of the degree or a photocopy with suffice?

Original Certificate

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:14 pm

Thanks Malik44

One final query. The timelines for recent months for naturalisation applications are not consistent. To be on the safe side how long do you think would an application take if i submitted next week. A vague guesstimate will suffice..

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:20 pm

huqqapani wrote:Thanks Malik44

One final query. The timelines for recent months for naturalisation applications are not consistent. To be on the safe side how long do you think would an application take if i submitted next week. A vague guesstimate will suffice..
its depends on your luck if you are lucky you will get answer by end of Januanry 2015. 8)
If no luck no bad luck then end of Feb :)
and bad luck than upto six months :roll:

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:34 pm

Looks like its all about luck even after paying £900 odd.

Thanks alot all for your advice.

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:43 pm

Yes its true no idea how they process the applications three of my friend applied Naturalization in June 2014 One got his approval in Aug almost after 3 months and one got his approval in October almost after 5 months and one got his approval in 8 weeks time.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:44 pm

I have contacted my local council for NCS service and been given an appointment which is over 3 weeks away. Apparently the NCS service has gone to part time. I have been eligible to apply since 20/11, so it will be by 20/12 that I will be submitting the application.
Is it worth me submitting on my own as my application is straight forward. I am not comfortable waiting another 3 weeks. I do understand that my passport and documents will stay with HO for the duration of my application but that's the risk I took in all my application thus far.

What shall I do.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:18 pm

huqqapani wrote:I have contacted my local council for NCS service and been given an appointment which is over 3 weeks away. Apparently the NCS service has gone to part time. I have been eligible to apply since 20/11, so it will be by 20/12 that I will be submitting the application.
Is it worth me submitting on my own as my application is straight forward. I am not comfortable waiting another 3 weeks. I do understand that my passport and documents will stay with HO for the duration of my application but that's the risk I took in all my application thus far.

What shall I do.
My council didnt provide NCS so I checked neighbouring counties and booked one neighbouring one, you can check too and find any nearby one if you like.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

ASCENSUS
Newly Registered

Post by ASCENSUS » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:19 pm

huqqapani wrote:I have contacted my local council for NCS service and been given an appointment which is over 3 weeks away. Apparently the NCS service has gone to part time. I have been eligible to apply since 20/11, so it will be by 20/12 that I will be submitting the application.

What shall I do.
Try and use another ncs that is somewhat local to you? I think that this is possible too..? Anyone correct me if I'm wrong! :)

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:10 am

I have a query

The AN form requires proof of residence for past 5 years. however I have been issued with BRP since 2012 which I returned when I got ILR. My current BRP(ILR) is valid from November 2013. Do I need to take previous passport that had a stamped visa in it or is it not required?

Please respond ASAP.

Thanks.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:29 am

If you have submit your new and old passport, that is what NCS advised me when I submitted my application.
I am sometimes wrong.