ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change from T2ICT to T2G with same employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kknew
Newly Registered

Change from T2ICT to T2G with same employer

Post by kknew » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:19 pm

Hello Manci,
I came to UK under Tier 2 ICT in Jan 2013. If I want to switch my job to a different employer under T2G or if my current employer is willing to change my visa to T2G, do I necessarily have to go back to my home country and apply after a cooling period of 12 months OR is there a relaxation for salary levels above £153.5K?

Is there any route to ILR for people like us.......assuming salary above 153K.

Many thanks for your response

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Change from T2ICT to T2G with same employer

Post by manci » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:03 pm

you are not allowed to switch to T2G (from the UK).
If you apply from home country with a restricted CoS you will be exempt from cooling off if your salary is £153.5k or above.

If you return with a T2G visa you will be eligible for ILR after 5 years.

kknew
Newly Registered

Post by kknew » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:40 pm

Thanks a lot Manci. So does it mean that I simply have to go to India and my employer will cancel my T2ICT and process T2G which may take a month or so...and after that I can come back to UK on T2G. Is it that straight forward.

Also, is the same process applicable to new employer as well. I resign from current employer, go back to India.............new employer processes my T2G and I come back again in a month or so!

Thanks a lot for your advice Mansi.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:40 pm

kknew wrote:Thanks a lot Manci. So does it mean that I simply have to go to India and my employer will cancel my T2ICT and process T2G which may take a month or so...and after that I can come back to UK on T2G. Is it that straight forward.

Also, is the same process applicable to new employer as well. I resign from current employer, go back to India.............new employer processes my T2G and I come back again in a month or so!

correct as long as your salary will be £153.5k or over

Thanks a lot for your advice Mansi.

kknew
Newly Registered

Post by kknew » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:36 pm

Thanks again Manci. One final question. Can my dependents (wife and kids) continue to live in UK (they are on T2ICT dependent visa) while I go to India to switch to T2G! and after I return, they can switch to T2G dependents within UK?

Many thanks...

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:00 am

kknew wrote:Thanks again Manci. One final question. Can my dependents (wife and kids) continue to live in UK (they are on T2ICT dependent visa) while I go to India to switch to T2G!
yes
and after I return, they can switch to T2G dependents within UK?
they are PBS dependants, no need for them to re-apply while their leaves are valid

Many thanks...