ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa Urgent Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

psridh
Newly Registered

Visitor Visa Urgent Query

Post by psridh » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:57 pm

Hello Friends,

Can someone please help. I would like to bring my in-laws to UK on visitor visa. My mom-inlaw was here for 5 months and my father-inlaw even though got the visa stamped couldnt come to UK due to some work commitments. Now we're having our second baby due in a few months time and I was hoping to bring them on visitor visa again but this time for long term 2 year multi-entry visa.

My question is would it be sensible to apply for 2 years (with the clause they exit before 6 months). This is to avoid the hassle of reapplying. Please can someone who's already been through similar circumstances please provide advise or any valuable input will be much appreciated. thanks in advance.

Regards

Pravin

vinny

Re: Visitor Visa Urgent Query

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:49 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

psridh
Newly Registered

Post by psridh » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:54 pm

Many thanks Vinny, exactly the information I was looking for. So I can now apply for a 2 year visa which is great. Also another quick one is regarding the filing of online application, although my in-laws have bank deposits and evidence to prove strong ties back to India, we will be sponsoring their entire visit including visa and tickets, so my question is does it matter if on the application I leave the section as n/a or enter 0 where questions relating finance available for the trip to UK is asked ? Thanks again in advance

Regards

Pravin

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Post by iubus2005 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:16 pm

Hello All,
1) I am trying to apply for Visitor visa for my parents using online application. Do I need to create / submit two applications for both parents?
2) There is a questions about "Are you travelling with anyone?"
What should I answer? I expect both parents to travel together. Also, if you answer "Yes", it asks for the Visa details for the co-traveler. What should I say for "Do they have a valid visa for the UK?" They currently don't but that is why I am applying for it.

cheers.