ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(M) name query - Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bashman786
Newly Registered

Set(M) name query - Help

Post by bashman786 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:03 pm

Hi Guys,

I would appreciate your advice, I am about to apply for my wife's ILR (SetM), the confusion I am having is to do with her surname. Her Passport shows her Maiden name. When I applied for the spouse visa I used her maiden name, (the spouse visa on passport shows married to *my surname*) only when she arrived here in UK she started using her married name. So the Life in Uk test and English B1 test was done using her married surname. Also her Documents show her married surname. (bills, NHS letter etc..)

I am not sure what name to put on the form, it says " Full name as it appears on the passport" I am worried this will lead to confusion and possible refusal of ILR! We do have of course have marriage certificates at hand.

Its just that the initial Spouse visa was then in maiden name, and im not sure if they will challenge that.

Also do you think its worth applying in person (Croydon office) with me present to explain the name situation? would this help..

advice needed

Thank you

bashman786
Newly Registered

Re: Set(M) name query - Help

Post by bashman786 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:16 pm

Bump

bashman786
Newly Registered

Post by bashman786 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:26 pm

bump

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:50 pm

That is very fine. Just show the marriage certificate.

So long as it is the surname change and there is evidence she is married to you, she will be fine.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

m4lik99
Newly Registered

Post by m4lik99 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:29 am

I have the same issue with regards to the surname. My wife passport is on her maiden name and since she entered the uk has been using married name. What i wanted to no is when she signs the set m form does it be on her passport signature or her married name signature?