ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Application - My Findings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dhanubs

Post by dhanubs » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:30 am

Hi tpa,

I don't know about the first question. I can vouch for the second one as taking personal loan is the safest way to show enough funds. I myself took a personal loan just 2 days before going for EC. It is none of BHC's business to worry about who is going to pay the EMI.

As for the 3rd question, I know of one of friends (who is also a member of this forum) who just showed a letter from his father saying that he has given it for his son's expenses in the UK and got the EC. So, this is fine too. Hope this helps.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:50 am

Ya I second what dhanubs said.
It seems that personal loan is the best way to show that you have sufficient funds to support yourself while you are in UK, looking for a job.

I got away with large transfers of funds (to & fro) in my account (did not provide any explanation either) and showed a gift from my parents. But as I have stated earlier also, I already had a job in London with a promise of sign on bonus and as I was staing in UK already, my example can not be generalised.

It is therefore, better to follow the examples of those who were successful in getting the EC (none of the guys who took loans got a rejection due to this but I read a post from a guy whose application was rejected because he transferred huge amount of money fo his account and showed it as a gift from his father).

kind regards,

push_hsmp

vimg07

EC DOCS REQUIRED

Post by vimg07 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:10 pm

Hi Aj_Sp_007

Congratulations on getting EC,

I hve got my hsmp approval and now iam in process of applying EC

I will be thank full to you if you can tell me list of documents required for EC...

Please its Urgent.

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

Post by aj_sp_007 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:53 am

Hi,

Give me 1 day time, will put the list for EC on the board.

Regards,

Aj_sp_007
________
Angelina jolie pic
Last edited by aj_sp_007 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

flytouknida

Re: Got my EC

Post by flytouknida » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:53 am

Hi Congrats satish,

recently I got HSMP approval letter. Right now my bank balance is the 2 lacks. My father is willing to give me three lacks. What format can I deposit that money?. Shall I need any assets?. My cousin is there in UK with perminant residence?. Shall I take his documents for accomdation?

Can you give me detail reply with your experiences?

Mail me to nchoudary_2000@yahoo.com with phone number

I am belongs to hyd.

Thanks
Srini

rsathish wrote:Hi All,

Got my EC stamped. Here are my timelines,

Applied on : Jul 23rd from VFS Chennai
Visa stamped on : Aug 6th.

Paid in cash 17,056/- in VFS Chennai. (Rs. 56 for DD Charges)

Integra verification: Checked with employer, there was no Integra verification done. No medical checkup too. I am into Mfg. Mgmt. sector.

Docs submitted for EC:

All HSMP docs + 15 days YMCA Hostel accomodation + job to which i had applied + my 6 months bank statement) plus other copies.

I got about 3.5 lakhs from my father, deposits were made in amounts of 45k to 50k from June adding to a total of 4.2 lakhs including my savings.

I only got a letter from my father on a plain paper, stating the funds were given by him to me for visa purpose and there is no objection from his side in me using the money. No affidavit or no notary seal/signature.

Will be flying to london on Aug 24. Any help reqd pls let me know.

Cheers,
Sathish
Last edited by flytouknida on Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

Post by aj_sp_007 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:00 am

Hi aLL,

I will be flying to U.K from India.Can anyone tell me the cheapest airline from India. What all do i need to carry with me for eg. Imp documents,Garments, food etc.

One more thing i need to clarify: i applied with my spouse and daughter, on their passports. Visa was stamped on all the 3 passports. but on my visa 0 dependents is written, whereas i applied with 2 dependents.
Can anyone help me out with this.

Regards,

aj_sp_007
________
AIRSOFT AMAZING
Last edited by aj_sp_007 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

mayhsmp

Post by mayhsmp » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:06 pm

Hi aj_sp_007,

Congrautlations on your EC. and I think you need not worry about the dependents part in your passport. Because I remember seeing my colleagues passport visa for work permit. He did have dependents on him but still it did not show in his passport. So I guess thats their way.

Cheers,
mayhsmp

flytouknida

I GOT JOB in UK, I got HSMP letter. I need to apply for EC.

Post by flytouknida » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:29 am

HI All,

I GOT JOB in UK, I got HSMP letter. I need to apply for EC.
Employer sent offer letter by mail. He sent one covering letter also to me for the Immigration officer.

I am planning to take print out and submit along with other documents. Is it sufficient or shall I ask employer to post an offer letter to my address?

What is the best way?

Right now in my account I have only 2 lacks only. My father has sufficient amount to give to me.

Employer is asking me to come to as early as possible.

What documents I need to submit?

Still I need to submit the Accommodation letter? If really required my cousin is there in UK with PR, shall I take a letter from him?

I married one and half year back. I have to wait till two years to apply for dependent's visa to my wife?

Guys please help me out.

I am really worrying

Thanks in advance

fly2uk

Post by fly2uk » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:11 pm

Hi flytouknida,

I too am in a similar stage as yours, but I havent got a job yet in UK.
Can you tell me which field you belong to and how easy / difficult you found the process of securing a job before getting your EC?

I was always under the impression that you need the EC before any employer would consider you for a job.

Thanks

fly2uk

Post by fly2uk » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:18 pm

Hi All,

There is an instructions section on the left hand side panel in the integra screen website, which gives the instructions for settlement and non - settlement categories. Do we need to fill this for HSMP visa as well. This seems to ask for a huge amount of information and I have not seen anybody in this forum mention this document as to be filled for EC.

Just curious. Pls do let me know.

Thanks

vimg07

EC

Post by vimg07 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:37 am

Hi Guys,

yesterday i submitted my application with all the docs...

But people at VFS didn't took my driving license and Pan card they say they don take orignal pan card and driving license..

Now what abt people who have submitted driving license as age of proof during hsmp approval...

I confirmed with them twice and they say no we take only photo copy

:?:

aman

Post by aman » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:39 am

Hi vimg07,
You might want to touch base with mayHsmp:
and refere the following post:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=140

Thanks,
Aman

vikasag
Newly Registered

Post by vikasag » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:01 pm

Hi Folks,

I have submitted my EC application today. I haven't applied for my wife and kids, just applied for myself. Now waiting for my luck.

Cheers,
Vikas

zoolu
Newly Registered

Post by zoolu » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:49 am

Hey guys ..

any one who applied on 22 and 23rd of Aug .. whts the status of the application ...? How can we know abt status ...how long is it .. normally taking for EC stamping now a days ...? any thing on this would be appriciated ....

Regards
Zoolu

vikasag
Newly Registered

Post by vikasag » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:05 am

For application tracking, send SMS to 7333 with following text VISA UK <PASSPORT NO> It works only for GSM mobiles. I first sent by CDMA mobile , got no response. But I got a response when sent through GSM. I applied on 24th. Status is "Forward to BHC on 28th Aug".

mayhsmp

Post by mayhsmp » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:47 pm

hi all..

I applied on 22nd and from 23rd it is showing the same status as :
Application forwarded to BHC on 24th...
Zoolu what is the status for you? Did you check it?? Please let us know once you know anything about it...

Cheers,
mayhsmp

mayhsmp

Post by mayhsmp » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:52 pm

Hi ppl,

the status of my application is now showing as:
The shipment has been handed over to Blue dart on 29th.

Now I am dying to get my hands on the shipment and check the visa status...But guess I will have to keep pacing around throughout the night and wait for tomorrow when I can check it..

Can anyone tell what possible outcome it might be? I have read in some previous thread where someone had pasted some information from visa site about the status... It said that if visa is issued it will be case has been closed or something like this which I dont remember exactly... So does my status mean something similar???? Guys please say something on this!!!

Thanks,
mayhsmp

vimg07

EC

Post by vimg07 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:04 am

Hey

Congratulations man, i think you are through...

:)

zoolu
Newly Registered

Post by zoolu » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:56 am

HI Vikas,

Thanks for your reply ... I did use the SMS and it still says it is forwarded . Then i called VFS chennai and they told me clearly that it is under verification . Are you aware of how can we track this verification status ...

Regards
zoolu

zoolu
Newly Registered

Post by zoolu » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:44 am

Hi Mayhsmp ,

Congrats .... i hope u got your Visa .. So can you post your time lines and where did you apply from ...

Thanks
Zoolu

mayhsmp

Post by mayhsmp » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:18 am

Thanks zoolu.. And thanks to everyone else... By gods grace and help of all you fellow forum members I have received my EC today. And the best thing is it is issued from 15th SEp.. Now I intend to travel to UK in first week of oct...

My timelines:
Applied for self and spouse at VFS pune on 22nd.
Status on 23rd: Application has been forwrded to BHC on 24th.
EC received for self and spouse today i.e. 30th valid from 15th Sep.

I had shown bookings of YMCA from 30th. And while accepting the application the VFS officer himself asked if I want post dated visa. Which of course I wanted but had read that many people did not get it even after requesting. So I had assumed it will not be so... But he made a note on application form as issue date - 15th sep. And surpirsingly I did receive visa from 15th..

I am so thankful to all people here who have helped me in my application..

Cheers,
mayhsmp

aman

Post by aman » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:52 am

Congratulations mayhsmp!

GoodLuck!
Aman

HSMP25
Newly Registered

Post by HSMP25 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:39 pm

Hi guys,

I have got a few doubts in applying for the EC. Please can anybody help me out.

I dont have enough funds in my account and so I am planning to get some from my parents.

Is a CA report compulsory even if u dont have any assets in your name ?? Since I am borrowing money from my parents and since they have got assests do I need to mention that in my application and shud I approach a CA for a report to assess their assets and savings ?

Can anybody share the template of the letter that we are suppose to get from our parents if we are borrowing money from them.

HSMP25

vikasag
Newly Registered

Post by vikasag » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:03 am

Hi Folks,

I am glad to inform everybody that, yes... I've got my passport with 2 years visa today. It was fairly quick for me .. I applied on 24th Aug and received my passport today... in just 10 days... 6 working days..

As I've seen some queries in the forum about applying for family visa. I would like to contribute my bit... it's not mandatory to apply for your family visa along with you... I didn't apply for my wife and kids.. no questions asked.. and I've got my visa. I just mentioned in my VAF1 form that I would take my family in 2-3 months time once I settle down in UK. And, it worked.

So, cheers. This forum has been of tremendous help for me. So would I like to be for others. Please feel free to fire your query to me at agarwalvikas2000@yahoo.com. I will try my best to help you with whatever knowledge I have.

Thanks again,
Vikas

vimg07

Forward to British High Commission

Post by vimg07 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:14 am

Hello Friends,

I hve submitted my application on 23rd Aug 2007 , but the status still shows Fwd to British High Commision on 24 th Aug 2007

I m worried as people are getting reply 5-6 days...