ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mutantbhai
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by mutantbhai » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:47 pm

maddysheffield wrote:
mutantbhai wrote:Hi all

Had the company I work for submit my application on my behalf... here is the time line...

One question for your guys.

My wife came to the UK as my PBS dependent with her visa issued March 2012. This visa is going to expire on 05 January 2015 and I am not very hopeful of my ILR coming through before then.

What visa do I apply for her so she can continue to live in the UK? Will it effect her eligibility for ILR? Any help would be much appreciated.

PS: Can someone add me to the google spreadsheet? Not sure if I can edit it myself.
Wow your Company is GR8 ... I would like to join it if they agree to pay the visa fees ;-) good luck ..... You can always Quote your reference number which you receive from Home office if you don't receive your visa before your wifes visa expires ..
***send FLR(M) FORM
*** letter you receive from home office confirming your application
**** Fees
** All supporting documents showing that you earn 18600 in a year , and marraige certificate
** Letter mentioning that you applied for 10year ILR and requesting them to keep your wife application on hold till you receive your decision ( so that she can stay legally in uk ) once you get your decision usually HO checks her application and decides . in case you don't receive any communication with in 2 weeks of your approval contact HO and they will process .

Chill Pill & Good luck
Thanks mate, very helpful.

Another question. Say she gets FLR some point next year, when will she able to apply for ILR and what form would I use for that?

Also (getting a bit excited here), say I miraculously get ILR in Jan, would she be able to apply for ILR as my dependent? Like apply within 28 days after her current visa has expired?

PS: Still don't know how to update google spreadsheet.
Last edited by mutantbhai on Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:50 pm

Guys lets wait for people to come home from and find a approval letter at their door steps ... they will first take time to speak to their family and inform them first enjoy sweets and then ,.....come online to update the tracker so ...

Hmm some people would not even care to update the tracker because their wait is finished ;-) guys don't do that once you get ILR's .

I'm off till monday I will not talk with anyone started reading a book THE LOST THRONE by Chris Kuzneski ;-)
to kill the wait .

Hope for a good weekend

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:56 pm

mutantbhai wrote:
maddysheffield wrote:

Had the company I work for submit my application on my behalf... here is the time line...

My wife came to the UK as my PBS dependent with her visa issued March 2012. This visa is going to expire on 05 January 2015 and I am not very hopeful of my ILR coming through before then.

What visa do I apply for her so she can continue to live in the UK? Will it effect her eligibility for ILR? Any help would be much appreciated.

PS: Can someone add me to the google spreadsheet? Not sure if I can edit it myself.
Wow your Company is GR8 ... I would like to join it if they agree to pay the visa fees ;-) good luck ..... You can always Quote your reference number which you receive from Home office if you don't receive your visa before your wifes visa expires ..
***send FLR(M) FORM
*** letter you receive from home office confirming your application
**** Fees
** All supporting documents showing that you earn 18600 in a year , and marraige certificate
** Letter mentioning that you applied for 10year ILR and requesting them to keep your wife application on hold till you receive your decision ( so that she can stay legally in uk ) once you get your decision usually HO checks her application and decides . in case you don't receive any communication with in 2 weeks of your approval contact HO and they will process .

Chill Pill & Good luck

Another question. Say she gets FLR some point next year, when will she able to apply for ILR and what form would I use for that?

They will give her 2.5 years visa in FLR(M) and then after that 2.5 years again and then after completing 5 years she can apply for ILR (Form : ;-) after 5 years they might change the name for forms so you need to check that when you apply in 2020 ) .

OR

You can apply for ILR for wife on the basis of 10 years ;-) in 2022 thats too far so stick to the 5 years which will be 2020 )

mutantbhai
Newly Registered

Post by mutantbhai » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:25 pm

mutantbhai wrote:

maddysheffield wrote:

They will give her 2.5 years visa in FLR(M) and then after that 2.5 years again and then after completing 5 years she can apply for ILR (Form : ;-) after 5 years they might change the name for forms so you need to check that when you apply in 2020 ) .

OR

You can apply for ILR for wife on the basis of 10 years ;-) in 2022 thats too far so stick to the 5 years which will be 2020 )

mannnn... I am so depressed.

Had I applied earlier and for the ILR before Jan, wouldn't she be able to apply for Set(M)?

KarunaHema
Newly Registered

Post by KarunaHema » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:06 pm

Hi Everyone

I have been a silent reader on this forum since August. I received my approval letter today. My details are:
Application posted: August 7, received by HO August 8
HO acknowledgement received: August 13, letter dated August 11
Bio invite received: September 3, letter dated August 30
Bio enrolled: September 3
Decision date: November 12, letter received November 14
Documents returned: November 14, but still waiting for BRP that they said will arrive in the next 7 days

Good luck to everyone else waiting. It was a lot quicker than I thought it was going to be when I put my application in.

TheJuryMustDie

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:27 pm

KarunaHema wrote:Hi Everyone

I have been a silent reader on this forum since August. I received my approval letter today. My details are:
Documents returned: November 14, but still waiting for BRP that they said will arrive in the next 7 days

Good luck to everyone else waiting. It was a lot quicker than I thought it was going to be when I put my application in.

Many congratulations and best wishes for the future!

mutantbhai
Newly Registered

Post by mutantbhai » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:28 pm

Congratulations!

thasif

Post by thasif » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:29 pm

tx bharatsharma.even she came before july 2012?

F.khan
Newly Registered

Post by F.khan » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:13 pm

maddysheffield wrote:Guys lets wait for people to come home from and find a approval letter at their door steps ... they will first take time to speak to their family and inform them first enjoy sweets and then ,.....come online to update the tracker so ...

Hmm some people would not even care to update the tracker because their wait is finished ;-) guys don't do that once you get ILR's .

I'm off till monday I will not talk with anyone started reading a book THE LOST THRONE by Chris Kuzneski ;-)
to kill the wait .

Hope for a good weekend
Hi Maddysheffield and Fielddrive

Please both of you email me your mobile numbers if possible as I need to discuss something
farhan.azhar@hotmail.co.uk

Kind Regards
F.A

F.khan
Newly Registered

Post by F.khan » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:14 pm

maddysheffield wrote:Guys lets wait for people to come home from and find a approval letter at their door steps ... they will first take time to speak to their family and inform them first enjoy sweets and then ,.....come online to update the tracker so ...

to kill the wait .

Hope for a good weekend
Hi Maddysheffield and Fielddrive

Please both of you email me your mobile numbers if possible as I need to discuss something
farhan.azhar@hotmail.co.uk

Kind Regards
F.A

mizanbg
Newly Registered

Post by mizanbg » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:36 pm

TheJuryMustDie wrote:

Been on study visa + PSW + Tier 2 WP

Submitted - 28 October 2014
Confirmed received - 30 October 2014

Hope it comes through soon.

I surmise you will have to apply for your wife on Form FLR(M) whilst also meeting the £18,600 household income threshold.

All the very best.
Scenario 1: Should you receive your ilr before her visa expires you can make an application FLR (M) for her to become a dependent of a settle person, you can't make any such application unless you are settled here. Also, you have to meet the income threshold. But the point is you may not be able to apply before her visa expires on January 5 as you have just applied. I guess your one will be sorted some time end of January or in February.

Scenario 2: In the meantime, before her visa expires you should make an application for her as FLR (O) just to stop her being an over stayer. while you make such application you should write a cover letter explaining your circumstances and request the HO to hold her application unless any decision is made on your application. Once you have received your application you should withdraw/vary her flr (o) application to make a FLR(M) application. In this circumstances you can adjust/vary the application fee paid in the first place. Hope that helps. mizanbg

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:50 pm

Last edited by Spatacus on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:50 pm

Congratulations silent reader. Enjoy your freedom

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:51 pm

Congratulations silent reader. Enjoy your freedom

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:02 am

i think set lr applications made end of september will not be decided until february because its been really slow month and they still not out of august.best of luck to all of us

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:03 am

i think set lr applications made end of september will not be decided until february because its been really slow month and they still not out of august.best of luck to all of us

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:03 am

RDAugust
Newly Registered

Post by RDAugust » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:11 am

Hello All;

I have been a silent reader on this useful forum. It really helped to calm my nerves by updates from other candidates.
I got my ILR approved and below is my timeline:
Entered Country: 9th Sep 2004
ILR Applied on : 13th August 2014
Acknowledgement Letter: 21st August (Dated: 15th August)
Biometric Invite Received: 05th September (Dated: 4th September)
Biometric Submitted: 05th September
Documents Received: 15th November (Dated: 13th November)
BRP: Waiting (Hopefully in a week) :-)

Once again thanks everyone for all the help on this form.

TheJuryMustDie

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:40 pm

RDAugust wrote:Hello All;

I have been a silent reader on this useful forum. It really helped to calm my nerves by updates from other candidates.

Many congratulations! All the very best for the future.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:59 pm

RDAugust wrote:Hello All;

Congratulations RDAUGUST

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:29 pm

Thanks To Almighty Allah. May Allah bless all the member of this forum

I got ILR for my wife. History is as below (issue combine leave as PBS Dependent (Tier 4)+ FLRM)

Main Applicant
SET LR

Applied 05-03-2014
Approved 02-07-2014

Spouse

FLR M
Applied 04-04-2014
Approved 17-07-2014

SET M

Applied 07-11-2014
Approved Same day Approved (No Questions Asked)
Waiting Time In PEO Croydon 3 Hours

I really appreciate the members who help each other and save hundreds of pounds(Solicitor fee)

shareandcare80
Newly Registered

Post by shareandcare80 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:12 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
Brainliar wrote:update about my application guys,
finally i have got certificate of 10 years imprisonment (BRP).

Entry in the uk 26th september 2004
applied on 4th august 2014
Approved date:09/11/14
BRP received 12/11/2014
supporting documets: still saiting ..

My case was a bit unique I applied early than 28 days (almost 52 days early to 10 years). The college withdrew my sponsorship while my application for SET LR was pending .Aslo, I was also arrested one occasion back in 2010 for domastic as my( ungratefull/unloyal) partner accused me of pushing her and was released withought charged .
i wish everyone best of luck who are waiting for their decision .
CONGRATS
I was 39 days short as well, but those days been long gone now it's almost 3 months now. Your case have encouraged me a lot. Thanks
Hello bro many congratulations
can you tell me did you get criminal conviction for the domestic and did you mentioned it in your application?

shareandcare80
Newly Registered

Post by shareandcare80 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:16 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
Brainliar wrote:update about my application guys,
finally i have got certificate of 10 years imprisonment (BRP).

Entry in the uk 26th september 2004
applied on 4th august 2014
Approved date:09/11/14
BRP received 12/11/2014
supporting documets: still saiting ..

My case was a bit unique I applied early than 28 days (almost 52 days early to 10 years). The college withdrew my sponsorship while my application for SET LR was pending .Aslo, I was also arrested one occasion back in 2010 for domastic as my( ungratefull/unloyal) partner accused me of pushing her and was released withought charged .
i wish everyone best of luck who are waiting for their decision .
CONGRATS
I was 39 days short as well, but those days been long gone now it's almost 3 months now. Your case have encouraged me a lot. Thanks
Hello bro many congratulations can you confirm me two things in regards to your case as it will help me alot in my case
Did you get criminal conviction for your domestic?
Did you mentioned it in your application?
Thanks alot bro

shareandcare80
Newly Registered

Post by shareandcare80 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:29 pm

Hello everyone and many congratulations to all the brothers and sisters who are getting their ilr.

Finallllly the great saga of invitation of biometrics is ended now. My question is after the submission of biometrics applications how long they take to make the crb and other checks and secondly does an application goes in the que when they email you the case Id as my biometrics came through after 2 and half months and first they email me a case id back in sep and then they email me a new case id on 11th nov. Does my timeline starts from now towards the decision or my application will be considered from 1st of sep when i initially submitted my application?
Thanks to all for taking time to read my request

Applied 1st sep14
Case id recived on email on 23 sep
New case id received on 11thnov
Biometrics recived on 13th nov
Ilr?????

mutantbhai
Newly Registered

Post by mutantbhai » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:11 pm

mizanbg wrote:
TheJuryMustDie wrote:

Been on study visa + PSW + Tier 2 WP

Submitted - 28 October 2014
Confirmed received - 30 October 2014

Hope it comes through soon.

I surmise you will have to apply for your wife on Form FLR(M) whilst also meeting the £18,600 household income threshold.

All the very best.
Scenario 1: Should you receive your ilr before her visa expires you can make an application FLR (M) for her to become a dependent of a settle person, you can't make any such application unless you are settled here. Also, you have to meet the income threshold. But the point is you may not be able to apply before her visa expires on January 5 as you have just applied. I guess your one will be sorted some time end of January or in February.

Scenario 2: In the meantime, before her visa expires you should make an application for her as FLR (O) just to stop her being an over stayer. while you make such application you should write a cover letter explaining your circumstances and request the HO to hold her application unless any decision is made on your application. Once you have received your application you should withdraw/vary her flr (o) application to make a FLR(M) application. In this circumstances you can adjust/vary the application fee paid in the first place. Hope that helps. mizanbg
thanks mate, much appreciated