ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are there quieter months for applications?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Maxwell

Are there quieter months for applications?

Post by Maxwell » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:02 pm

Hello

Middle of November and we have only 5 people in November timeline.

I wonder, are there quieter months by number of citizenship applications and can it make them be processed slightly quicker than more busy months?

:)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Are there quieter months for applications?

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:19 pm

The summer months are generally busier than other times and probably staffing shortage due to holidays etc. It really depends on each application and the caseworker load.

Given the issue with passport applications this year, there will probably be a knock on effect due to the redistribution of staff to cope with that problem over the summer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Julian11

Post by Julian11 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:24 pm

It's hard to judge based on a forum when there's 200k applications a year, but...

One would assume that people apply around the time that they qualify, and for the likes of jobs, marriages, etc., I doubt there is a particular pattern as people move for those reasons at any point really. There is one area where there could be an impact, though. No idea if it's accurate or not, but I would have thought that September would be a bit of a busier month as students that arrive in early September/late August to start university degrees would possibly apply around that same time X years later if they are still around and then qualify.

Some other ideas:

Maybe summertime is a bit busier because more people have time off and can actually put together their applications/evidence?
Maybe post-Christmas is not so busy because people don't have lots of money spare after Christmas shopping?
Maybe right before 1 April is busy, with people trying to get in there before fees are raised? Likewise if any rules are changing.

travelerzee

Post by travelerzee » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:38 pm

I have noticed some November applications in the general application sticky.

i applied on the 7th

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:46 am

Thanks for your thoughts.

I think May - September are busiest, so maybe applying in November may be quicker.

Could somebody with moderator rights remove advertising spam message from this thread please:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 75475.html

Thanks a lot! :)