ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Booking Visa Premium Service appointments SET(M)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bbanerjee23
Newly Registered

Booking Visa Premium Service appointments SET(M)

Post by bbanerjee23 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I was hoping to book a PEO appointment in Croydon for February 2015. I get an error message when I try to do so, and I understand from reading these forums that it is because appointments are released only 42 days in advance. However, I cannot find any reference to this anywhere on the UKBVI website or in any guidance notes. Can someone point me in the right direction, or confirm if this is still the case? (Most of the threads I am referring to are dated 2012).
Also, has anybody used a solicitor for a PEO appointment? Apart from booking the slot, what do they do exactly? Do they accompany you to the appointment?

Apologies if this has been covered somewhere else, I have been trying to find a recent post with this information but somehow cannot find one! Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Booking Visa Premium Service appointments SET(M)

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:28 pm

Appointments are only available to book 42 days in advance, so February won't be available as yet.

Using a solicitor is a waste of money and won't make any difference, they don't get to 'argue your case' if that is what you were thinking and they will charge you some stupid amount just to do what you can do yourself. They HO have brought in the extra £400 fee to use the same day service over and above the application fee. This was mainly to do with people (solicitors included), making block bookings for appointments, leaving Mr Jo Public with no availability.

If your application is straightforward, either do it yourself in person or use the Settlement Checking Service at your council and you will still get to keep your originals documents and pay the postal application fee.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... ng-service
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:49 pm

One correction to be fair, legal representatives have a separate allocation of appointments, so these don't affect the main booking slots. The requirement to pay the premium fee online when submitting the application was introduced to prevent unscrupulous crooks who were block-booking appointments and selling them on at a substantially higher price. I was asked to take part in a 5Live programme discussing the problem, prior to the up-front fee solution being implemented.
If you want to apply in person, for peace of mind a solicitor or an OISC registered Immigration Advisor will provide a full document check for a set fee.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:46 pm

Thanks for clarifying Casa :)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bbanerjee23
Newly Registered

Post by bbanerjee23 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:06 am

thanks very much for your help/! :D :D