ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from ICT Tier 2 to ICT General with new employer.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fierymech
Newly Registered

Switch from ICT Tier 2 to ICT General with new employer.

Post by fierymech » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:27 pm

Hi All,

I needed advice on switching from my current visa (ICT Tier 2 Long Term Staff Migrant) to Tier 2 General.

I am currently in UK, as a permanent employee of employer Org-A working for my client company Org-B.
I have been offered a position in my client company Org-B and I would like to switch to the same.

Please advice me on how to switch my current Tier 2 ICT visa to Tier 2 General.

Based on the information available over internet I understand the basic eligibility criteria required for the switch; but was looking for some more detailed explanation for the same.

Thanks a lot.

t2ict

Re: Switch from ICT Tier 2 to ICT General with new employer.

Post by t2ict » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:53 pm

fierymech wrote:Hi All,

I needed advice on switching from my current visa (ICT Tier 2 Long Term Staff Migrant) to Tier 2 General.

I am currently in UK, as a permanent employee of employer Org-A working for my client company Org-B.
I have been offered a position in my client company Org-B and I would like to switch to the same.

Please advice me on how to switch my current Tier 2 ICT visa to Tier 2 General.

Based on the information available over internet I understand the basic eligibility criteria required for the switch; but was looking for some more detailed explanation for the same.

Thanks a lot.
Need more information on your UK visa history. When was your visa stamped / arrival date in the UK ?

fierymech
Newly Registered

Post by fierymech » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:13 pm

The arrival date in UK is that of 7th Oct, 2013.

t2ict

Post by t2ict » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:36 pm

fierymech wrote:The arrival date in UK is that of 7th Oct, 2013.
If your Tier-2 ICT Long Term visa is granted/stamped after 06 April 2011, then you would be subjected to a 12 months cooling-off period. After 12 months cooling-off, if you've a valid CoS from any UK sponsor company, then ONLY you could apply for Tier-2 General visa from your home country.

fierymech
Newly Registered

Post by fierymech » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:27 pm

Thanks for the reply.
However i have a doubt here. As mentioned under the section 7 of UKBA one can switch to Tier 2 general from within UK, also it does not mention any cooling off period in force. Link below to UKBA switch guidelines
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/switch-to-this-visa

7. Switch to this visa
You can apply to change (‘switch’) from another visa to a Tier 2 (General) visa.
You should apply before your current visa expires.
Eligibility
You must already be in the UK under any of the following visas or schemes:
Tier 1 visa
Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa
Tier 2 (Minister of religion) visa
Tier 2 (Intra company transfer: established staff) visa and you’re applying to change sponsor
Tier 2 (Intra company transfer) visa under the Immigration Rules in place before 6 April 2010 and you’re applying to change sponsor

t2ict

Post by t2ict » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:20 pm

fierymech wrote:Thanks for the reply.
However i have a doubt here. As mentioned under the section 7 of UKBA one can switch to Tier 2 general from within UK, also it does not mention any cooling off period in force. Link below to UKBA switch guidelines
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/switch-to-this-visa

7. Switch to this visa
You can apply to change (‘switch’) from another visa to a Tier 2 (General) visa.
You should apply before your current visa expires.
Eligibility
You must already be in the UK under any of the following visas or schemes:
Tier 1 visa
Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa
Tier 2 (Minister of religion) visa
Tier 2 (Intra company transfer: established staff) visa and you’re applying to change sponsor
If your initial visa was granted/stamped in the period in between 6 april 2010 & 05 april 2011, then would have given as Tier 2 ICT - Established Staff (as there're no short term or long term visa sub-category at that point of time and it's created from 06 april 2011), you're eligible to switch into Tier-2 General without cooling-off. But in your case, your visa is granted after 06 april 2011 as Tier-2 ICT Long-term and therefore would be subject to a 12 months cooling-off period
Tier 2 (Intra company transfer) visa under the Immigration Rules in place before 6 April 2010 and you’re applying to change sponsor

pmedha
Newly Registered

Post by pmedha » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:09 am

Hi All,

I am a bit confused with ny Visa type and want to understand if I am eligible to switch to Tier 2 general within the UK. Following are my VISA details:
Visa type: Tier 2 ICT Established Staff
Stamped on : 06 April 2011
Entered UK : 11 March 2012

My Visa type falls under Established staff but stamped on 06 April 2011 when the new set of rules were brought in. And in most threads I read that the new rule applies for the Long Term Visa and not Established staff stamped from 06 April 2011. If moderators can advice on this situation then it would be of great help to me.

Thanks
Pmedha

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:11 pm

pmedha wrote:Hi All,

I am a bit confused with ny Visa type and want to understand if I am eligible to switch to Tier 2 general within the UK. Following are my VISA details:
Visa type: Tier 2 ICT Established Staff
Stamped on : 06 April 2011
Entered UK : 11 March 2012

My Visa type falls under Established staff but stamped on 06 April 2011 when the new set of rules were brought in. And in most threads I read that the new rule applies for the Long Term Visa and not Established staff stamped from 06 April 2011. If moderators can advice on this situation then it would be of great help to me.
you are allowed to switch as your initial T2 ICT visa was under the rules before 06/04/2011. It is the date of application that determines this, not the visa stamp in your passport
Thanks
Pmedha

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:11 pm

deleted
Last edited by manci on Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:12 pm

deleted