ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor Visa Refused - Please Advise

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aztec1032

Family Visitor Visa Refused - Please Advise

Post by aztec1032 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:15 pm

Dear Moderators/Members,

Recently my mother-in-law and brother-in-law applied for family visitor visa. I had invited them to visit us for couple of weeks. I have ILR and have a stable job. Between myself and my wife we earn enough to sponsor them. However, their visa was refused on the ground that they were both unable to establish enough ties to come back and there was a transfer of funds on the bank statement provided for a significant amount for which no explanation was provided. My mother-in-law is a house wife so she doesn't have any income but was also being sponsored by my father-in-law who is employed.

Now, we have been advised that if they don't appeal it may be difficult for them to obtain visa in future based on this refusal (which I doubt). Can anyone please advise if this would be the case?

Secondly, if we appeal we are planning to provide some additional details behind the fund transfer and try to establish some facts such as my father-in-law will be left behind, my mother-in-law has enough land, properties and her other son with grandchildren living back home to prove she has not reason to stay permanently in the UK. Can you please advise if this would help or any suggestion please?

Thanks for your cooperation in advance.

Regards

sherriesmum

Re: Family Visitor Visa Refused - Please Advise

Post by sherriesmum » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:34 am

you cannot make an appeal on refusal of a family visitor visa only on the grounds of human rights and race discrimination.
you must reapply (at your cost) and address the reasons why you were refused.
a large lump sum of cash deposited into the account is a red flag and you must also demonstrate that you have strong ties back in your home country.these are common refusals.