ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shareen24h

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by shareen24h » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:24 am

Hi Nile

Sorry I forgot, do you had any kids with your application. I am still in ocean, don't know what will happen.
Last edited by shareen24h on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:13 am

@nilesmarques...this is such great news. You can move on to greater things now and all the best for the future. Just an update....had my hearing on 7th December and still waiting for a response. We can only thank God for what he has already done. All the best to everyone still waiting.

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:21 am

@nilesmarques...this is such great news. You can move on to greater things now and all the best for the future. Just an update....had my hearing on 7th December and still waiting for a response. We can only thank God for what he has already done. All the best to everyone still waiting.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:12 pm

[quote="CrystalNewbie"]@nilesmarques...this is such great news. You can move on to greater things now and all the best for the future. Just an update....had my hearing on 7th December and still waiting for a response. We can only thank God for what he has already done. All the best to everyone still waiting.[/quote]

@CrystalNewbie. It sure is tremendous news. The hard work has paid off. Thanks to a supportive family here on the forum and guidance from the Almighty.

favour

Post by favour » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:30 pm

Hello Nile, Thank you for the update, Is your partner British?

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:05 pm

[quote="favour"]Hello Nile, Thank you for the update, Is your partner British?[/quote]

@Favour. We are/were both non EEA overstayers and our application was based on private life in the UK based on my my kids who were either born here or have lived here for over 7 years!!

favour

Post by favour » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:22 pm

Hello Nile, Wow!!! yours is a great testimony, I have always believed that its only those that have british partner or child that are successful.
I am indeed more hopeful. Thanks.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:33 pm

[quote="favour"]Hello Nile, Wow!!! yours is a great testimony, I have always believed that its only those that have british partner or child that are successful.
I am indeed more hopeful. Thanks.[/quote]

@Favour. I am living testimony of the power of the most high. It has been a difficult road that has posed many many challenges. I still question the HO decision making. It will take time to get over the pain and suffering they inflicted on my family!!

corasson

Post by corasson » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:50 pm

Thanks very much for your reply Nilemarques, and thanks for sharing with us. Your story is inspiring and God has given you what you deserve. I know it's has been hard but just forget about the past and just look ahead. There is more joys to come
Bless you and bless your family,

corasson

Post by corasson » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:57 pm

Thanks very much for your reply Nilemarques, and thanks for sharing with us. Your story is inspiring and God has given you what you deserve. I know it's has been hard but just forget about the past and just look ahead. There is more joys to come
Bless you and bless your family,

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:05 pm

[quote="corasson"]Thanks very much for your reply Nilemarques, and thanks for sharing with us. Your story is inspiring and God has given you what you deserve. I know it's has been hard but just forget about the past and just look ahead. There is more joys to come
Bless you and bless your family,[/quote]

Thanks orasson for those words of comfort. I say to you and every member of the forum family still awaiting, to be strong. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Below is a recent judgement. For those representing themselves, this might givd you the encouragement not to give up.

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKUT/IAC ... 4_iac.html

@Dapsonlee and @ Rina. Hope you guys ard hanging on in there.
Greetings to all my other forum brothers and sisters from another mother!!! Stay blessed

liam20
Newly Registered

Post by liam20 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi guys need some advice about flr FP plz .I did apply this application basis in private life in the UK and unmarried with B C and British child my question is what my chance to get the extension visa and the home office will they stop me working until make decision

liam20
Newly Registered

Post by liam20 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:55 pm

Plz need some advice guys

liam20
Newly Registered

Post by liam20 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:57 pm

Plz some advice guys

liam20
Newly Registered

Post by liam20 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:11 pm

"]Hi guys need some advice about flr FP plz .I did apply this application basis in private life in the UK and unmarried with B C and British child my question is what my chance to get the extension visa and the home office will they stop me working until make decision[/quote]

liam20
Newly Registered

Post by liam20 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:11 pm

"]Hi guys need some advice about flr FP plz .I did apply this application basis in private life in the UK and unmarried with B C and British child my question is what my chance to get the extension visa and the home office will they stop me working until make decision[/quote]

Tawy
Newly Registered

Post by Tawy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:38 pm

Hi Guys,

I have been a silent follower of this website, leading into my first application in 2011 up to my recent renewal. This is my first post, and I thought I would share my timeline

Residence permit expiring 13 October 2014
Application sent 15 September 2014
Acknowledgement 19 September 2014
Money left account 22 September 2014
Received letter for biometrics 30 September 2014
Biometrics done 01 October 2014
Received biometric permit 19 November 2014 (dated 17 November 2014 for a 3 year permit)
Passport and documents still awaiting

I know the wait is unbearable but I would like to encourage everyone who is still waiting not to lose hope, and am very grateful for all the useful information I constantly find on this website

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:08 am

@ Favour I have tried to respond to your PM, but it wasn't working. Anyway I have no update yet, I'm still waiting for my case to be listed at UT.

I have tried to get an head up of the time scale but to no avail.

Best of luck.

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:15 am

liam20 wrote:"]Hi guys need some advice about flr FP plz .I did apply this application basis in private life in the UK and unmarried with B C and British child my question is what my chance to get the extension visa and the home office will they stop me working until make decision
[/quote]

@liam20, if your previous visa allowed you to work and you applied before your last visa expired. Yes you will still continue to work base on your last visa. Your previous visa will be temporarily extended under 3c&3d law until all your appeal right are exhausted. Article 8 is becoming difficult to win now. I'm in the same situation and I have been on it since 2012, nearly 3 years now. But at least I'm still working. Best of luck dear.

aamir26
Newly Registered

Post by aamir26 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:08 pm

Tawry

I just read ur post ours is very similar to urs

my husbands visa expired 10th October 3 days before urs.

We applied 12th September and letter came 16th September
Received biometric letter 26th September biometrics done same day.
we still waiting for response.
Congratulations to u

aamir26
Newly Registered

Post by aamir26 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:19 pm

Tawry

If u don't mind me asking what was ur circumstances u r married to British u have a child etc. please

Tawy
Newly Registered

Post by Tawy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:18 pm

@ Amiir26,
I am currently married to a refugee and we have two kids together.

@ Liam,
My employer called UKBA when my visa ran out and was told that i ha submitted my application and could work for up to 6 months while they decided my future. As soon as you get your confirmation letter just give this to your employer and tell them to ring the employer checking service for UKBA

Hope this helps

corasson

Post by corasson » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:40 pm

Congratulations tawy, my application timeline is almost the same as yours. But mine one was first time application. Hopefully I will get my decision soon. At least before Christmas.
Again congratulations.

corasson

Post by corasson » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:40 pm

Congratulations tawy, my application timeline is almost the same as yours. But mine one was first time application. Hopefully I will get my decision soon. At least before Christmas.
Again congratulations.

Giveita100
Newly Registered

Post by Giveita100 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:17 am

FLR (O) EXTENSION

applied on 3rd of september,
Acknowlegment received 5thof september
Biometric received 10th of september
Biometric done 4 days later i think

Documents received with another 3 years DLR yesterday.

Thank you alot to OBIE and Amber, you guys were really helpful in terms of guidance on steps to take. Best wishes to everyone still waiting. My situation was a little bit complicated but at the end, it turned out okay so thought i'd share my story.