ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting my relationship in court

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ronny23
Newly Registered

Supporting my relationship in court

Post by ronny23 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:04 pm

Hello amber, vivy and everyone,

This is the first time I am writing on this forum, I am going to court I don't have a lawyer cos it is expensive for us, she have been in Nigeria for a year now, our court date is coming soon.
We were refuse on relationship and accommodation, we have been dating since 2011, she moved in with me 2012, unfortunately we don't have any evidence of our relationship expect for phone bill in her name on my address, but now since we got married in Nigeria we have lots of evidence, phone calls, receipts of money I sent , messages sent, 2 visits to her in one year, but I don't know if this would do, really confuse, please some help me. Can't afford a lawyer and I need my wife.

Rayking

Re: Supporting my relationship in court

Post by Rayking » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:00 pm

As long as you haven't concealed any information in your application. You will be fine representing yourself, you don't have to be scared of anything, just go with all the proofs they refused you on.
For relationship, you need phone bills showing her number,messages and all that.
For accommodation, your tenancy agreement, letter from landlord that your partner is allowed to live there,if it's shared accommodation, proof that the house won't be overcrowded.
If you've submitted all this, just calm down and know the case can still be withdrawn before the date. But you should be fine to represent yourself if your case is as stated above.

ronny23
Newly Registered

Re: Supporting my relationship in court

Post by ronny23 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:05 pm

Rayking wrote:As long as you haven't concealed any information in your application. You will be fine representing yourself, you don't have to be scared of anything, just go with all the proofs they refused you on.
For relationship, you need phone bills showing her number,messages and all that.
For accommodation, your tenancy agreement, letter from landlord that your partner is allowed to live there,if it's shared accommodation, proof that the house won't be overcrowded.
If you've submitted all this, just calm down and know the case can still be withdrawn before the date. But you should be fine to represent yourself if your case is as stated above.
My confident have been busted, I have all of that after the wedding. Thanks for responding.