ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 extensions with same employer but different SOC code

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dol
Newly Registered

Tier 2 extensions with same employer but different SOC code

Post by dol » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:14 pm

Currently I have Tier2 general visa till Jan-2015. Same employer will ready to assign me a COS but with different code.

Current COS/Visa is under SOC code 2132 as Graduate programmer. My company is ready to assign me new COS under SOC code 2137 as Web Developer. It is possible to extend visa under same employer but different SOC code?

Thanks in Advance.

svasu

Re: Tier 2 extensions with same employer but different SOC c

Post by svasu » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:28 pm

2132 no longer exists in 2010 SOC codes... your compay will have to choose either 2135, 2136 or 2139 for the purpose of issuing COS for extension. In this instance they dont have to fulfil RLMT...
But if your employer chooses to assign you COS with a new code say 2137 and if it is not on shortage skills list then they will have to conduct RLMT..
Gurus or other members may choose to validate this information...

dol
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 extensions with same employer but different SOC c

Post by dol » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:38 am

Thanks for your quick reply.

As per National statics the soc code 2137 is under soc code 2132 but in ukba website code is in under 3421. Seems like the soc code table is not correct in ukba web site.

Can I submit my application under 2137 code with out RLMT?
Attachments
national statistics.png
National statistics
national statistics.png (29.42 KiB) Viewed 1517 times