ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form MN1 - Applying for my 1.5 year old son and Need Help!!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Form MN1 - Applying for my 1.5 year old son and Need Help!!!

Post by mobeenkhan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:29 pm

Hi All,

First of all, Thank you to all who helped me in securing an ILR Visa by answering my queries. I am very grateful to you all. Now that, me and my wife have ILR, it's time to register my son (born in the UK) as a British Citizen. Since my son was born at the time when I was on a Tier-1 (General) visa and my wife was on a Dependent visa. So keeping this in view,
  • I believe the form I need to fill is Form - MN1 and the Section I need to fill is Section 1 (3).
This all cleared now, I tried filling the form but I am sort of stuck and have a few queries which I hope you will be able to help me with, so here goes,

Section 1: Personal Information
Question 1.2 - UK Border Agency reference number?
  • Is this really required? I do have a UK Border Agency Reference number (from my ILR Approval Letter) but it is not in the correct format as mentioned in a Guidance (where it states, it is an Alphabet followed by 7 numbers i.e., S1234567), but what I have is all 8 numbers (e.g., 12345678)
Section 2: Residence Requirements
Question 2.1 - If the child is resident in the United Kingdom, please give date and place of first arrival
  • Not sure what to answer here as my son was born in the UK, should I give his Date Of Birth here along with the City he was born in or should I just write N/A or leave blank?
Section 4: Good Character Requirement
This section applies to the child applicant if they are aged 10 and over.You need to give information which will help the Home Secretary to decide whether he can be satisfied that they are of good character. Checks will be made with the police and possibly other Government Departments, the Security Service and other agencies.
  • Should I skip the whole Section 4 too?!?
Section 7: Declaration
  • Since my son is very young, I'll be signing the declaration on his behalf. No problems here, the thing which is a bit confusing is the following question
7.6 - Where I have provided a photocopy of my parent’s, adoptive parent’s or grandparent’s British passport, I confirm that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is a complete and full copy of that original document.
  • Do I need to tick this one? As none of the parent of the child has a Britsh Passport, all we have and looking to send are our BRPs and our country of Origin Passports
Well I am sorry if it's a long list, I am just trying to finish and send the form as soon as possible, as I need to travel very soon and also getting good priced tickets, but cannot buy tickets unless this process is completed. Please do help me out

Looking forward to all of your replies.

Thank you :)
We might be MASTER of our own "THOUGHTS" yet SLAVES to our own "EMOTIONS"

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Re: Form MN1 - Applying for my 1.5 year old son and Need Hel

Post by akhurshid » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:58 pm

mobeenkhan wrote:Hi All,

First of all, Thank you to all who helped me in securing an ILR Visa by answering my queries. I am very grateful to you all. Now that, me and my wife have ILR, it's time to register my son (born in the UK) as a British Citizen. Since my son was born at the time when I was on a Tier-1 (General) visa and my wife was on a Dependent visa. So keeping this in view,
  • I believe the form I need to fill is Form - MN1 and the Section I need to fill is Section 1 (3).
This all cleared now, I tried filling the form but I am sort of stuck and have a few queries which I hope you will be able to help me with, so here goes,

Section 1: Personal Information
Question 1.2 - UK Border Agency reference number?
  • Is this really required? I do have a UK Border Agency Reference number (from my ILR Approval Letter) but it is not in the correct format as mentioned in a Guidance (where it states, it is an Alphabet followed by 7 numbers i.e., S1234567), but what I have is all 8 numbers (e.g., 12345678)
I have never filled it. Leave it blank and you'll be fine

Section 2: Residence Requirements
Question 2.1 - If the child is resident in the United Kingdom, please give date and place of first arrival
  • Not sure what to answer here as my son was born in the UK, should I give his Date Of Birth here along with the City he was born in or should I just write N/A or leave blank?
Leave it blank or N/A it

Section 4: Good Character Requirement
This section applies to the child applicant if they are aged 10 and over.You need to give information which will help the Home Secretary to decide whether he can be satisfied that they are of good character. Checks will be made with the police and possibly other Government Departments, the Security Service and other agencies.
  • Should I skip the whole Section 4 too?!?
as it says you only need to fill it if child is 10 or over

Section 7: Declaration
  • Since my son is very young, I'll be signing the declaration on his behalf. No problems here, the thing which is a bit confusing is the following question
7.6 - Where I have provided a photocopy of my parent’s, adoptive parent’s or grandparent’s British passport, I confirm that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is a complete and full copy of that original document.
  • Do I need to tick this one? As none of the parent of the child has a Britsh Passport, all we have and looking to send are our BRPs and our country of Origin Passports
leave it blank. Are you using NCS? They copy and certify the documents anyway.

Well I am sorry if it's a long list, I am just trying to finish and send the form as soon as possible, as I need to travel very soon and also getting good priced tickets, but cannot buy tickets unless this process is completed. Please do help me out

Looking forward to all of your replies.

Thank you :)

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:22 am

Thaanks a lot akhurshid, No I am not using any NCS service. I have been told by a friend, that he sent all of his documents original, which included the following,
  • Original Detailed Birth Certificate
  • Original Country of Origin Passports (Both Parents)
  • Original Biometric Residence Permits (Both Parents)
  • Original Marriage Certificate
Is this alright? Or should i be sending something else as well ...

Thank you

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:22 am

Thanks a lot akhurshid, No I am not using any NCS service. I have been told by a friend, that he sent all of his documents original, which included the following,
  • Original Detailed Birth Certificate
  • Original Country of Origin Passports (Both Parents)
  • Original Biometric Residence Permits (Both Parents)
  • Original Marriage Certificate
Is this alright? Or should i be sending something else as well ...

Thank you

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:17 pm

I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:16 pm

One advantage of the NCS is that they will copy the original documents and return them to you.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.