ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa query after I have got my ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BKK006
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa query after I have got my ILR

Post by BKK006 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:39 pm

Hi,

I have just recently got my ILR in the UK. My marriage is planned shortly and would like to apply for a visa for my spouse (who is in India currently) shortly after marriage. Please can you help with a few clarifications below?

1. I have been directed to the https://www.visa4uk.co.gov.uk/ - Just wanted to confirm that this is the correct way as earlier we had to apply using paper applications in India.

2. Assuming that the online visa application process is valid and correct usong Visa4uk website, please can you confirm the below categories to select ?

Reason -
Visa type -
Visa sub type -

After a lot of googling I thought the Reason & Visa type will be "settlement" but I am still unsure what the Visa sub type will be - should it be "Wife" or "Children or other dependant relative"

3. For a visa for my spouse, please can someone help to understand the English language requirements ? My spouse has a valid degree from a university in India which shows that the medium of instruction of study is English. Will that be sufficient or should I get anything certified from UK NARIC ?

4. I will have the marriage certificate shortly after my marriage. Will that be sufficient for my spouse's visa case or do I need to should I provide any other evidence ?

5. I have read on the ukba website that for maintenance I need to maintain £630 for 'a' dependant and also £900 for myself. Is that true ? Is it not sufficient to have £630 for the last 3 months ?

Thank you very much for all the responses in advance who are taking time to respond this. Thanks very much again!!

Regards,
BK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa query after I have got my ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:01 pm

2. Assuming that the online visa application process is valid and correct usong Visa4uk website, please can you confirm the below categories to select ? Your link doesn't open. Have a look at this one : https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-vaf4a

Reason -
Visa type - Settlement
Visa sub type - Spouse/Wife

After a lot of googling I thought the Reason & Visa type will be "settlement" but I am still unsure what the Visa sub type will be - should it be "Wife" or "Children or other dependant relative"

4. I will have the marriage certificate shortly after my marriage. Will that be sufficient for my spouse's visa case or do I need to should I provide any other evidence ?
There is lots of evidence you need to provide. Please search the forum and read the guidance notes for VAF4A. Unfortunately it is not as simple as providing just a marriage certificate.
5. I have read on the ukba website that for maintenance I need to maintain £630 for 'a' dependant and also £900 for myself. Is that true ? Is it not sufficient to have £630 for the last 3 months ? Don't know what visa you are looking at but this is not for a spouse visa. For a spouse visa to have any chance of succeeding, you have to be earning at least £18,600pa and provide lots of proof for it OR have substantial savings (and proof) of £62,500
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BKK006
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BKK006 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:24 pm

Thanks CR001 for your reply. Apologies about the link. The link I wanted to mention was : https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/User/Home

I missed to see the response on the forum and aplied online in the above link and selected visa type as 'settlement' and sub type as 'Child or other dependant'. Please can you let me know if this form is totally unacceptable and I shoul apply VAF4A only ? Or can I still continue with this application form ?

I have sufficient financial evidences to support the visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:00 pm

The link you have provided asks for a log in, which I don't have obviously, so I don't know what form you used. For spouse visa it is VAF4A and the sub category is 'spouse/wife'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BKK006
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BKK006 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:23 pm

Hi CR001, Just added a screenshot of the form now.

Once the form details are selected, it asks me to complete the SU07 appendix form. Sponsorship form in https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... p-form.pdf
Attachments
Untitled.png
Visa4uk form details
Untitled.png (192.97 KiB) Viewed 1189 times
Untitled2.png
SU07 form in the website
Untitled2.png (186.62 KiB) Viewed 1189 times

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:42 pm

Your visa sub type should be 'wife' if it is for your wife's application. Definitely not 'child or other dependent' because that is NOT what she is.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

BKK006
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BKK006 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:56 pm

OK, thanks CR001. I will cancel my current application and will raise a new one. Thanks so much for your support. I believe I could still apply online in this website but the only difference being I need to select the visa sub category as wife - please can you confirm this is correct ?

I ask this question because the question in the 'wife' category visa application and 'child or other dependant' visa applications is not different. they are the same online. however, the VAF4A application has more questions than the online application and hence the question.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:53 am

Yes, select wife. Not sure if you can amend the online application or not or once printed corrected it by hand.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

BKK006
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BKK006 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:23 pm

Hi CR001, I have cancelled my old application and requested refund for my old application. Now I am applying for with a new application with category as 'wife' which asks me to complete the VAF4Aappendix 2 which you had rightly pointed out already. Sorry for the confusion on my part.

I have 3 quick questions and would be grateful if you could help on that please

1. Does my wife need a TB certificate to be submitted at the VFS or at UKBA when reaching UK ?
2. For language requirements, my wife has been taught in an university which has been taught in English medium. Her degree certificate clearly states that. Cropped degree cert attached below. Would this be sufficient ? Please advise.
3. Do I need to submit a sponsorhsip undertaking form too ? Or would appendix 2 form and necessary financial evidences suffice ?
Attachments
scan0005.jpg
degree scan
scan0005.jpg (115.65 KiB) Viewed 1096 times

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:40 pm

Yes, she will need a valid TB certificate when she applies.

On English language, see link below :

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/kn ... of-english
Char (CR001 not Casa)

BKK006
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BKK006 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:17 am

Hello CR001, thanks for your extra ordinary support for the last few days. I have now prepared the correct application for submission.

Please can you help with question on the tenancy agreement ?

I am in a rented property shared by my work colleague but this is a 2 bed room property.

1. Do I need to mandatorily get an authorisation letter from my landlord or is it OK if I submit as is - as the property has a 2 bed room property.

2. If the answer is yes for the 1st question - I have spoken to my landlord once about this and he seemed to be reasonably comfortable with this. However, the agreement is in the name of the leased property holders under the name of 'F&Sproperties Ltd' - therefore, he will not be sign under the name of 'F&S properties Ltd' but probably will only be signing his name - Will this be agreeable by the ECO as the name of the landlord in the tenancy agreement states - 'F&Sproperties Ltd' but the letter will be from a 'person' - the landlord himself (say Mr. David Farmer).

ashjay2012

Post by ashjay2012 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:23 am

3. Do I need to submit a sponsorhsip undertaking form too ? Or would appendix 2 form and necessary financial evidences suffice ?

actually its not a mandatory doc but if u submit SU07 undertaking. it will confirm in writing that u r taking all sponsorhip towards the applicant.

ashjay2012

Post by ashjay2012 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:34 am

I am in a rented property shared by my work colleague but this is a 2 bed room property.

1. Do I need to mandatorily get an authorisation letter from my landlord or is it OK if I submit as is - as the property has a 2 bed room property.

2. If the answer is yes for the 1st question - I have spoken to my landlord once about this and he seemed to be reasonably comfortable with this. However, the agreement is in the name of the leased property holders under the name of 'F&Sproperties Ltd' - therefore, he will not be sign under the name of 'F&S properties Ltd' but probably will only be signing his name - Will this be agreeable by the ECO as the name of the landlord in the tenancy agreement states - 'F&Sproperties Ltd' but the letter will be from a 'person' - the landlord himself (say Mr. David Farmer).

i dont think that cause any problem to the ECO in considering ur accomodation requirement. becoz ur having 2 bedrooms. also in ur rental agreement ur name and ur colleague name should be there.. make sure that there wont be any there name on it. so in ur cover letter u can clear them that "u sepratly have one bedroom in which u r going to stay with ur wife."

in reply to ur point 1:
yes u need a NOC from the landlord that it should he has no objection if ur spouse will join u.

point2: u ask him to give the this NOC on "F&Sproperties Ltd" letter head. and if after that he sign that ok.

moreover, in ur bank statement it should be transparent that ur rental amount is debiting in the name of F&Sproperties Ltd.

BKK006
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BKK006 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:58 am

thanks for the reply ashjay2012.

I spoke with my landlord this morning and he has said that he cannot give the signature on a letter head. Will it be a good idea to ask him if he can sign as below and also say in the letter that if the ECO has any concerns / queries he can give a call to his number or email him at his email address.

'David Farmer
On behalf of F&S properties Ltd
Property owner - House address line 1
House address line 2'

ashjay2012

Post by ashjay2012 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:03 am

thats fine.. there is not need to write that ECO will contact him.. simply give his contact details like contact no. and email id.
if ECO wants to make any inquiry then he will do.

BKK006
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BKK006 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:06 am

Thanks ashjay2012. Thats helpful and a good news for a Monday Morning. Just to reconfirm - yes the bank statement does show F&S properties Ltd.

Thank you very much again! Will keep posted....

ashjay2012

Post by ashjay2012 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:51 am

thats fine...

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:57 am

ashjay2012 wrote:

i dont think that cause any problem to the ECO in considering ur accomodation requirement. becoz ur having 2 bedrooms. also in ur rental agreement ur name and ur colleague name should be there.. make sure that there wont be any there name on it. so in ur cover letter u can clear them that "u sepratly have one bedroom in which u r going to stay with ur wife."

in reply to ur point 1:
yes u need a NOC from the landlord that it should he has no objection if ur spouse will join u.

point2: u ask him to give the this NOC on "F&Sproperties Ltd" letter head. and if after that he sign that ok.

moreover, in ur bank statement it should be transparent that ur rental amount is debiting in the name of F&Sproperties Ltd.
If you really want to put your mind at rest, I'll suggest you get inspection report done to proof the accommodation won't be overcrowded. If eco picks on the fact that he isn't sure about it,he has the right to refuse because it's a shared accommodation and need to know the numbersof people living there to determine bringing additional person won't make the house overcrowded.The inspection report will clear that.
I live in a shared flat and had to do the same,because I shared with another tenant,well it might be different if you rented the place out but my landlord rented it out in my case.