ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick question about passport applying tomorrow

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cheekyvirgin

Quick question about passport applying tomorrow

Post by cheekyvirgin » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:36 pm

I'm sending my British passport application tomorrow and confused about what passport do I have to send along.

I got 2 expired pakistani passport where I do have all the visa stamps and one new passport where don't have anything stamp except entry stamps.

Please advice which one I should have to send.

Thanks

t123456789

Re: Quick question about passport applying tomorrow

Post by t123456789 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:18 am

You have to send all uncancelled passports, even if they've expired. It depends on the country, but usually when you get a new passport they cancel the old one electronically and sometimes cut off the top right corner.

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:14 am

As advised above you have to send all passports (expired and unexpired).
In case of Pakistani passports they simply put a stamp on the first page saying that a new passport has been issued.

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:28 pm

zeusmagnanimous wrote:As advised above you have to send all passports (expired and unexpired).
In case of Pakistani passports they simply put a stamp on the first page saying that a new passport has been issued.

I'm. Talking about to applying first British passport, so you advising me to send all expired and unexpired pakistani passport along naturalisation certificate.

Thanks

plaistow

Post by plaistow » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:28 pm

t123456789 wrote:You have to send all uncancelled passports, even if they've expired. It depends on the country, but usually when you get a new passport they cancel the old one electronically and sometimes cut off the top right corner.
Please confirm if we suppose to send the BRP RESIDENCY card also.

Cheers

garry15
Newly Registered

Post by garry15 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:33 pm

Nope just your Existing and expired passport and Naturalisation Cert.
Once you are naturalised you BRP is not valid.

plaistow

Post by plaistow » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:59 pm

garry15 wrote:Nope just your Existing and expired passport and Naturalisation Cert.
Thanks for your reply but today I went to apply for passport via send and Check service and the lady said I must send brpcard where I have indefinite leave to remain on it.

Confused

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:09 pm

Was it a small post office? Happened to me too when I applied for my daughter's passport. When I told her it is not required she said she does it day in day out. Long story short, I applied for my son's passport without my brp and it wasn't required. Needless to say that I didn't use check and send and will not be using it again when it comes to my passport.

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:11 pm

plaistow wrote:
garry15 wrote:Nope just your Existing and expired passport and Naturalisation Cert.
Thanks for your reply but today I went to apply for passport via send and Check service and the lady said I must send brpcard where I have indefinite leave to remain on it.

Confused
She is wrong. You are now a citizen and the BRP is meaningless, just tell her you no longer have one.

jpk
Newly Registered

Post by jpk » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:18 am

Hello,
Sorry to hijack the post but first timer and don't know how to start a new post..
I am planning the first passport application soon but all my previous passports (South Korean) are expired, meaning I do not hold a valid passport/travel document. It wasn't a problem for my ILR and Naturalisation applications, will that be a problem for the passport application?
Many thanks in advance,
PK