ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence Labour Market Test Advertising Methods

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinoit
Mood:
India

Residence Labour Market Test Advertising Methods

Post by vinoit » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:46 pm

Hi all,
Currently working as Software Developer in Tier2. I got an offer from another company who willing to provide sponsorship. The problem now is to pass residence labour market test. Is it compulsory to advertise job via Job Centre plus ?

Because the job i got was advertised in two other websites for continuous period of 30 days
1.) CWJobs
2.) Indeed

From Tier2 Sponsor Guidancehttps://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11-14.pdf i found below contents which saying advertising via job Centre plus is not a mandatory if the job was advertised in two other websites.
Resident labour market test – Tier 2 (General) – advertising methods
28.25 The following sections describe the different methods of advertising we accept when
conducting a resident labour market test. Unless an exemption applies, all jobs must be
advertised using two of the methods set out in this section. In many cases this will be
mandatory online advertising through Jobcentres, plus one other method. Where advertising
through Jobcentres is not mandatory, you can choose any of the permitted media to
advertise in so you could choose one national newspaper and one professional journal. We
will also accept two advertisements using the same form of media, for example
advertisements on two different websites.
If so will above job sites will be acceptable?
Shall i give this information to my employer? If so will my visa get approved?

Otherwise employer need to post the job via job centre plus and i need to wait for another month.

I hope there are persons which come across situation like this. Can you help me with this?

Regards,
Vinoth
:) :)

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Residence Labour Market Test Advertising Methods

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:34 pm

The same document also states - "If the job is based in England, Wales or Scotland, it must be advertised online through the Jobcentre Plus Universal Jobmatch service". Dont think you can avoid Jobcentre especially with a s/w developer role.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:48 pm

hi moonlight,
in case of rlmt, should both website have exactly same content or little bit of changes is fine ?

oadamson
Newly Registered

Post by oadamson » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:43 am

Minor changes are fine as long the core content in unchanges and contains all the required details (salary, title etc.). You don't need to advertise on direct gov if it's PhD level NQF.

oadamson
Newly Registered

Post by oadamson » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:44 am

Minor changes are fine as long the core content in unchanged and contains all the required details as per RLMT (salary, title etc.).
You don't need to advertise on direct gov if it the SOC code is PhD level NQF.

vinoit
Mood:
India

Post by vinoit » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:16 am

moonlight55 wrote:The same document also states - "If the job is based in England, Wales or Scotland, it must be advertised online through the Jobcentre Plus Universal Jobmatch service". Dont think you can avoid Jobcentre especially with a s/w developer role.
Thank you moonlight. It really helps. Don't want to put myself in risk. They already posted the job and have to wait for another 30 days to get COS. Much Appreciated :) :)

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:15 am

Thanks Moonlight for your reply.
I have one query regarding Salary issue.
My new employer has given the advert correctly, but as some website provides the salary range and some provides only the fixed amount.
In Advert 1, they have put salary as £35,000-£35,000 and in Advert 2, it is as £35K+.
If they want to change it now by removing plus(+) sign from £35K+, i think it will take the start date as new date and then again need to wait for another 28 days to complete RLMT.
Will it cause any problem when they apply for CoS with salary as £35K (not £35K+) ?
It's urgent. Please clarify me. If there is any problem, I will ask them to re-advertise by removing plus(+) sign that might take the new date.

vkumarkulkarni

Post by vkumarkulkarni » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:37 am

@Vinoth and @Moonlight
I'm looking for a company who can sponsor Tier 2 General for me. Can you please share the details or references please. It would help me a lot.

Thank you.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:41 am

I don't see any issues if the final salary is 35K. If it's lesser than that, UKVI may ask the employer to redo the RLMT.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:42 pm

Thanks moonlight for clarifying the same. Actually this company was planning to pay 35K + benefits like pension , bonus, and other expenses. that's why they put the advert like that. I think home office is only looking at the gross salary, not bothered about the benefits. this company can mention about salary as 35K + benefits while issuing the offer letter and COS to me.
am i correct ? Please clarify.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:35 pm

Hi Moonlight, Could you please suggest on my previous doubt ? Thanks for clarifying my other doubts too.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:52 pm

Go through the sponsor guidance for exact details on what is considered. As a general rule, any income that is guaranteed will be considered by HO in their calculations. For example, in some organisations, some bonus %age is guaranteed for the year and this amt will be considered as part of your salary.