ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Vistor visa for mother

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KAT32
Newly Registered

Vistor visa for mother

Post by KAT32 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:37 pm

HI All,
I am on HSMP and live since 2005. Three months before my mother was here with me for 4 months and again now she got 2 years visitor visa. As per visitor visa rule she can not stay longer than 6 months. Is it possible if I will take her to nearest country in six months time for entry or exit stamp on her passport. Because it will be very expensive to go back to my country after every 6 month. Will it be acceptable to keep her for two years without breaking any law?
Thanks in advance.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:53 pm

How old is your mother?

But it's unlikely.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Re: Vistor visa for mother

Post by magsi23 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:32 pm

KAT32 wrote:HI All,
I am on HSMP and live since 2005. Three months before my mother was here with me for 4 months and again now she got 2 years visitor visa. As per visitor visa rule she can not stay longer than 6 months. Is it possible if I will take her to nearest country in six months time for entry or exit stamp on her passport. Because it will be very expensive to go back to my country after every 6 month. Will it be acceptable to keep her for two years without breaking any law?
Thanks in advance.
Technicaly you wont be breaking any law, and i dont see why that should be a problem as long as she leaves the country within 6 months period.
Magsi

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:33 pm

avjones wrote:How old is your mother?

But it's unlikely.

Why is it unlikely? what reason?
Magsi

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:32 pm

magsi23 wrote:

But it's unlikely.

Do a search on this forum and you will get your answer

KAT32
Newly Registered

Post by KAT32 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:40 am

My mother is totally dependent . I read different website , search this message board, and read visitor visa policy . They just mentioned about no stay longer than 6 months on visitor visa but did not define policy for exit and entry time after six month.
Actually I call to British embassy and they told me that to keep your mother for two years and just left country in six month time for few days giving impression that she has intention to live here. ......
That's why I am confused...

mepals

Post by mepals » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:54 am

I do not think a person on UK Visitor visa can travel to any other country from UK. Did you check on the visa law for the country you are planning to take your mother to?

KAT32
Newly Registered

Post by KAT32 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:11 am

Yes you can travel to another country but you need visa from your destination country..

mepals

Post by mepals » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:26 am

As far I know, you cannot get visa for another country when you are already on a visitor visa. For example, if I am in UK on a visitor visa, I can not get visa for Schengen states. Its only possible if you are on a work permit or resident visa.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:48 am

olisun wrote:
magsi23 wrote:

But it's unlikely.

So you dont know the answer then?
Magsi

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:26 am

magsi23 wrote:
olisun wrote:
magsi23 wrote:

But it's unlikely.

So you dont know the answer then?
Read this similar thread

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=18508

KAT32
Newly Registered

Post by KAT32 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:29 pm

My mother is 55 years old and nobody is in my country to look after her. Anyway I was reading all different post and very confused from different views. Could some one please advise me what should I do? How can keep her with me legally? Currently she has two years visitor visa.
Please have a quick look on last question from following link:
http://www.consulfrance-londres.org/art ... rticle=324

hsmp07

Post by hsmp07 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:36 pm

mepals wrote:As far I know, you cannot get visa for another country when you are already on a visitor visa. For example, if I am in UK on a visitor visa, I can not get visa for Schengen states. Its only possible if you are on a work permit or resident visa.
Yes you can, I was in UK on a student visa, as soon as I got the student visa, I also applied for schegen visa from my home country and I very much got it. I went to UK and from there I visited these schengen states using a Tour service and then came back to UK, and then continued with my degree course. An I think you should be able to get schengen visa with UK visitor visa, otherwise how would these tour services work??

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:47 pm

olisun

Completely irrelevant link, since OP wants her/his mother to stay on visior visa not aplying for ILR
Magsi

KAT32
Newly Registered

Post by KAT32 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:35 pm

She can not apply for schengen visa from home country as they required hotel booking, travel ticket and travel insurance . So how she can provide all these document six month earlier. Also schengen visa is valid for 3 months and she has to travel after 4 months .
My questions are still unanswered.
1- Can she apply schengen visa from UK as she has 2 years visitor UK visa?
2- Is this short trip fulfill the requirement of "no stay longer than six month" for uk visitors?
That's it..

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:51 pm

Hi

I was in almost the same position with my Mom, she visits myself and her mom here in the UK from time to time but I ensure she never stays for a full six months each time and that there is always a good number of months distance between visits. The reason for this is that a visitors visa is for use for short occasional visits and if the Immigration officer realises you seem to be using it as some sort of settlement visa, spending most of your time in the UK, then it means you are not really a visitor and they can deny you entry.
'In everything give thanks'

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:33 pm

Student visa is not visitor Visa.
hsmp07 wrote:
mepals wrote:As far I know, you cannot get visa for another country when you are already on a visitor visa. For example, if I am in UK on a visitor visa, I can not get visa for Schengen states. Its only possible if you are on a work permit or resident visa.
Yes you can, I was in UK on a student visa, as soon as I got the student visa, I also applied for schegen visa from my home country and I very much got it. I went to UK and from there I visited these schengen states using a Tour service and then came back to UK, and then continued with my degree course. An I think you should be able to get schengen visa with UK visitor visa, otherwise how would these tour services work??
Pantaiema

mepals

Post by mepals » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:23 pm

Check the following site:

http://www.visafrance.co.uk/reqTourist.php

The applicant MUST be resident in the UK, e.g. Requires Leave To Remain in the UK as a Student, working holiday maker, work permit holder, HSMP etc...

My uncle also came on a visitor visa and he could not get schengen visa. Whereas I am on a WP and I got the same.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:42 pm

I would have thought so
mepals wrote:Check the following site:

http://www.visafrance.co.uk/reqTourist.php

The applicant MUST be resident in the UK, e.g. Requires Leave To Remain in the UK as a Student, working holiday maker, work permit holder, HSMP etc...

My uncle also came on a visitor visa and he could not get schengen visa. Whereas I am on a WP and I got the same.
Pantaiema