ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by alil2014 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:17 pm

kehkashan wrote:
Inshallah you will hear soon wit
i applied from islamabad..i dnt knw about the categry sorry...
its my secnd applicatn..
i dnt thnk so its cmplicatd..my frst applicatn was refused cz v sbmittd only 3 mnths bnk statement..
now v sbmittd 6 mnths bnk statmnts and payslips..nd rest of the documents
my hubby visitd me last year in septmbr..nd in decmbr he lost his passport...
but he xplaind how he lost his passport and v also sbmitd the old pasport copies shwng immigrtan stamp etc..cud that b a prblm?
othr den dat..i cant thnk abut anythng...my hubby is erning abov the requirement..
they nvr requstd any additionl documnts...
plllllllllzzzzzzzzz pray fr me
INSHALLAH ds tym its gnna b positv outcme.
I'm assuming your husband is the sponsor and so him losing his passport would have no effect on your application especially if you have copies of the entry/ exit stamps.

Which english test did you do?

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:35 pm

A new system needs to be put in place so that UKBA when checking applicant and sponsors passport they can tell If they entered or left a country and how long they stayed for. Technology has improved throughout the previous years and they defo need something like this.
Online Submission 13/08/14
Submitted papers 15/09/14
Processed 30/12/14
Collected-Refused 14/01/15
Appeal submitted 06/02/15
Visa Granted 28/04/15

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:54 pm

Laiba1234 wrote:A new system needs to be put in place so that UKBA when checking applicant and sponsors passport they can tell If they entered or left a country and how long they stayed for. Technology has improved throughout the previous years and they defo need something like this.
It has been introduced, that's why new passports (both pakistani and British) contain chips. Makes it easy to track someone's history and also reduces passport fraud

s_z
Newly Registered

Post by s_z » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:55 pm

Hi
Does anybody know how long does it take to apply settlement visa from pakistan..I have been living with my husband since 2010 in uk .currently need to switch to settlement visa and without knowing the rule travelled to Pakistan.. now need spouse visa to go back ...kindly guide me

s_z
Newly Registered

Post by s_z » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:56 pm

Hi
Does anybody know how long does it take to apply settlement visa from pakistan..I have been living with my husband since 2010 in uk .currently need to switch to settlement visa and without knowing the rule travelled to Pakistan.. now need spouse visa to go back ...kindly guide me

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:58 pm

AOA,
yesterday I tried to check the status of my application sent the email from online form from ukba website. today i have received the email asking the following details. I just want to know where do I need to send this email? Do I need to reply to the same email or where i need to send this?

1. Type of escalation: No record found
2. GWF Reference Number:
3. Passport Number:
4. Name of the applicant:
5. Date of Birth:
6. Country where applying:
7. Location of the VAC:
8. Type of visa:
9. Date of biometrics:
10. Brief reason of your query:

Thanks,

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:58 pm

s_z wrote:Hi
On which visa you were since 2010? It take about 3 to 6 months usually depending of many factors.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:21 pm

raholptl wrote:AOA,
yesterday I tried to check the status of my application sent the email from online form from ukba website. today i have received the email asking the following details. I just want to know where do I need to send this email? Do I need to reply to the same email or where i need to send this?

1. Type of escalation: No record found
2. GWF Reference Number:
3. Passport Number:
4. Name of the applicant:
5. Date of Birth:
6. Country where applying:
7. Location of the VAC:
8. Type of visa:
9. Date of biometrics:
10. Brief reason of your query:

Thanks,

W.A.Salam,

If email is from NoReply or don'tReply email address, then send it via web https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Networkers!

waleedbuttvd
Newly Registered

Post by waleedbuttvd » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:37 pm

I recived that email yesterday
Anybody explain me what is that mean ???
And how much time taken ???

Dear,

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration international enquiry
service.

We would like to apologise for the delay in response for the escalation.

We received the response regarding your escalation stating your application
is received and is under process - initial pre assessment and online
verification to be done.

For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please
refer to our website at
https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/,
select appropriate country, click next and then select "E-Mail form" and
complete as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:50 pm

waleedbuttvd wrote:I recived that email yesterday
Anybody explain me what is that mean ???
And how much time taken ???

Dear,

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration international enquiry
service.

We would like to apologise for the delay in response for the escalation.

We received the response regarding your escalation stating your application
is received and is under process - initial pre assessment and online
verification to be done.

For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please
refer to our website at
https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/,
select appropriate country, click next and then select "E-Mail form" and
complete as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.
Hi Waleed,

When you applied? You are kind of at the very initial step of processing.

It can take any time from 3 to 6 months from the date of biometric.

waleedbuttvd
Newly Registered

Post by waleedbuttvd » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:14 pm

My timeline: 30 September 2014

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:27 pm

alil2014 wrote:
Laiba1234 wrote:A new system needs to be put in place so that UKBA when checking applicant and sponsors passport they can tell If they entered or left a country and how long they stayed for. Technology has improved throughout the previous years and they defo need something like this.
It has been introduced, that's why new passports (both pakistani and British) contain chips. Makes it easy to track someone's history and also reduces passport fraud
I dont think they are that advanced. Because if that was the case why would they ask for passport exit/entry stamps?
Processed 30/12/14
Visa Granted 28/04/15

nabeelsultan2000

Post by nabeelsultan2000 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:31 pm

they are absolutely stupid

With regards to your query, please provide us the following information so
that we can escalate the case:

Full name of applicant:

Application number (GWFxxxxxxxxx):

Date of birth of applicant:

Visa application centre reference number:

Date of application:

Place of application ( City and Country ):

Type of Visa applied:

Nationality:

Passport Number:

Reason for escalation:

response after saying pre assessment and online checks are done

where to complain these AS******

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:38 pm

Laiba1234 wrote:
alil2014 wrote:
I dont think they are that advanced. Because if that was the case why would they ask for passport exit/entry stamps?
Thats because most passports are still based on the old concept, once these expire they will be given chipped passports which are scanned at airports by immigration officials. Most countries in the world have introduced this now.

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:59 pm

@alil2014

Thats because most passports are still based on the old concept, once these expire they will be given chipped passports which are scanned at airports by immigration officials. Most countries in the world have introduced this now.[/quote]

Thats true. Now some airports use electronic boarding passes.

I feel like withdrawing my application because I feel as if I missed info out. Lol also I cant face rejection as well. I'm in a dilemma. Am just wondering if I was to withdraw my application how long would it take for me to receive my docs. There has also been a change in circumstance I have changed jobs. As I was told before that all the evidence is going to be based on what was given, that's why I'm thinking its probably the best option really. Any suggestions?
Processed 30/12/14
Visa Granted 28/04/15

ununun
Newly Registered

Post by ununun » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:37 pm

Hi

I need some advice

I am applying under Cateogry F self employed Director of Company

My salary for lsat financial year was 7500 and Dividends was 20000 which total 27500

Does the dividend fall under the same cateogory or is it a different cateogry?

Also I am thinking of applying for my wife from the UK online application. How does this work? I submit the application online then print of a copy and she submits that in pakistan with the papers i send?

Thanks

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:41 pm

Moa7 wrote:Good lord it feels like they're mostly just relaxing now and occasionally handling May applications every few days. They've been stuck on May forever :x

I feel I need to put up something I strongly feel out here:

I understand that its only been 9 weeks to me and some members think I'm being unfair for being "impatient already". For everyone here who've been waiting for a long time and think its unfair for people applying in August/September to complain already need to realize that everyone of us comes from different personal circumstances and may need to travel as soon as possible for various reasons (job, family issues, kids, or many other problems). For many of us it may not only be for the emotional reasons of joining our spouses to properly start our married lives, but may also involve a lot of practical reasons to reach the uk as soon as humanly possible.

We've all paid the same fees and all of us fall under ukvi's responsibility to be dealt with as per their standards, i.e.: 95% within 12 weeks, 100% within 24 weeks.

So members here need to stop comparing the anxiety that they are feeling with those of other members who have applied many months before/after them, or making them feel guilty for feeling that way just because of the huge gap between their application dates. We are no one to judge which one of us deserves to travel earlier or later than anyone else. This forum is not about that so we shouldn't make it about that either.

We are all here for each other in this difficult time and every members deserves to feel equally nervous and impatient and deserves the same level of support as anyone else here.

May all of us have the strength to pass through this very nerve wrecking period of our lives, look back at it 10 years from now and have a good laugh while sipping coffee with our spouses : )
I think I have to defend those poor ECO sods a bit.

I used to work in the Consular Section of an Embassy (NOT a UK Embassy, don't get excited) and my average processing time for a visa application, regardless of category was around 24 hours.

That's for a complete, straight forward visa application.

You'd be surprised how many applications were sent in with vital documents missing. Those were sent back without even being assessed, fee non-refundable - so for the UK to assess incomplete applications, refuse them and give right of appeal during which additional evidence can be presented is actually pretty decent.

Then there were applications (mostly settlement applications) where something flagged up. That could be anything. The profession of the applicant or of the sponsor for instance. Certain personal circumstances. Having lived in lots of different countries.

In that case I was often asked to get reports from other government agencies or request assistance from government agencies of other countries. Getting these reports could take anything from a few days to months, depending on how busy the other party was or whether another country thought it was a priority to answer the request for information of an Embassy they have nothing to do with.

In one case I had an application on my "waiting-for-info-pile" for nearly a year.

This had nothing to do with being lazy or being unsympathetic.

Imagining having to deal with 700 paused cases on top of the regular work is an absolute nightmare.

akhan48

Post by akhan48 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:11 pm

Hello All,

Just introducing myself as a British citizen calling my wife from Pakistan for settlement here in the UK. We got married on the 21st October and submitted the online application on the 24th October this year, and documents were submitted in Karachi on the 6th November. On the 7th November we had an e-mail from BHC to say the documents had been received and that it could take up to 24 weeks to process. We think our application is a straight forward one.

I will keep you updated with our timescales.

kehkashan

Post by kehkashan » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:16 am

alil2014 wrote:
kehkashan wrote:
Inshallah you will hear soon wit
i applied from islamabad..i dnt knw about the categry sorry...
its my secnd applicatn..
i dnt thnk so its cmplicatd..my frst applicatn was refused cz v sbmittd only 3 mnths bnk statement..
now v sbmittd 6 mnths bnk statmnts and payslips..nd rest of the documents
my hubby visitd me last year in septmbr..nd in decmbr he lost his passport...
but he xplaind how he lost his passport and v also sbmitd the old pasport copies shwng immigrtan stamp etc..cud that b a prblm?
othr den dat..i cant thnk abut anythng...my hubby is erning abov the requirement..
they nvr requstd any additionl documnts...
plllllllllzzzzzzzzz pray fr me
INSHALLAH ds tym its gnna b positv outcme.
I'm assuming your husband is the sponsor and so him losing his passport would have no effect on your application especially if you have copies of the entry/ exit stamps.

Which english test did you do?
yes he is the sponsor
i did KEY ENGLISH TEST (KET)
Hopng fr bestt..

Ibbzy

Post by Ibbzy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:32 am

Salam all, Just introducing myself, I'm a British Citizen, we put in my wife's spouse visa application in on the 27th of August 2014, she Mrs, had her biometrics the same day, and that's all...not heard anything since then from them, no emails, no texts. I was wondering what could be the hold up? The case is very straight forward, as i earn above the threshold. Any ideas on what could be the hold up? Any help is much appreciated.

Regards:
Ibz
Application and biometrics submitted - 27August 2014
Visa Refused - 17 December 2014
Online appeal submitted - 9th January 2015
Notice of a pending appeal - 27th January 2015
Bundle received back from BHC ISB (apparently) - 24th February 2015

Ibbzy

Post by Ibbzy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:34 am

Salam all, Just introducing myself, I'm a British Citizen, we put in my wife's spouse visa application in on the 27th of August 2014, she Mrs, had her biometrics the same day, and that's all...not heard anything since then from them, no emails, no texts. I was wondering what could be the hold up? The case is very straight forward, as i earn above the threshold. Any ideas on what could be the hold up? Any help is much appreciated.

Regards:
Ibz

th3

Post by th3 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:44 am

Ibbzy wrote:Salam all, Just introducing myself, I'm a British Citizen, we put in my wife's spouse visa application in on the 27th of August 2014, she Mrs, had her biometrics the same day, and that's all...not heard anything since then from them, no emails, no texts. I was wondering what could be the hold up? The case is very straight forward, as i earn above the threshold. Any ideas on what could be the hold up? Any help is much appreciated.
WA

It's too early yet to know anything bro. They rarely tell you anything until right at the final steps (processed and returned to VAC).

People here have been in your state since early March-April.

My case is very straight forward - one job, everything basic, 13 flights to her, a kid, proof of staying with her and expenses, sending her £300 a month, massive call logs. But still... nothing. Near 9 months now.

Taqdir
and
Tossers at BHC ISB
Marriage 06/2011 | Visit Visa 08/2012 | Back to UK 01/2013
Applied Mirpur Cat A 12/03/14
Forwarded BHC 24/03
Escalated 1st 13/08, 2nd 10/10, 3rd 05/11

Further checking 1st 10/11, 2nd 19/11
Visa processed date 26/11, email 28/11
Visa Refused

Ibbzy

Post by Ibbzy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:47 am

th3 wrote:
Ibbzy wrote:Salam all, Just introducing myself, I'm a British Citizen, we put in my wife's spouse visa application in on the 27th of August 2014, she Mrs, had her biometrics the same day, and that's all...not heard anything since then from them, no emails, no texts. I was wondering what could be the hold up? The case is very straight forward, as i earn above the threshold. Any ideas on what could be the hold up? Any help is much appreciated.
WA

It's too early yet to know anything bro. They rarely tell you anything until right at the final steps (processed and returned to VAC).

People here have been in your state since early March-April.

My case is very straight forward - one job, everything basic, 13 flights to her, a kid, proof of staying with her and expenses, sending her £300 a month, massive call logs. But still... nothing. Near 9 months now.

Taqdir
and
Tossers at BHC ISB
Hmmm I can imagine what your going through bro, however i have emailed the BHC today, lets hope it makes them get up and do something Insha Allah.

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:53 am

@th3 I hope you hear within a few days. I really feel for you and also considering that fact you have a kid aswell. I hope your patients pays off inshallah. Just keep praying nothing is more powerful than dua
Last edited by Laiba1234 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Processed 30/12/14
Visa Granted 28/04/15

Laiba1234

Post by Laiba1234 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:54 am

@th3 I hope you hear within a few days. I really feel for you and also considering that fact you have a kid aswell. I hope your patients pays off inshallah. Just kwep praying nothing is more powerful than dua
Processed 30/12/14
Visa Granted 28/04/15