ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British national overseas passport with permanent residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jessica Chung
Newly Registered

British national overseas passport with permanent residence

Post by Jessica Chung » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:46 am

Hello everyone!

I have a few questions regarding the application for naturalisation. So I hold the BNO (originally from HK) with permanent residence that I got in 2008. I am now planning to apply for naturalisation as I'm pretty sure I've met the requirements (Life in the UK test, residence period, qualifications etc), and my questions are: am I right to fill in the AN form and pay the fee £906 for the application? I wanna make sure that I have filled in the right form and pay the right fee in order to avoid getting refused. Many thanks!

Jessica

wahahahawaha
Newly Registered

Re: British national overseas passport with permanent reside

Post by wahahahawaha » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:16 am

I am on the same boat as you. Got mine at 2011 but didnt bother to get it till now. I have fill in the BOTA form for that. They have narrow the fee between BOTA and AN, so there isnt much you saving using BOTA if u want to be on the safe side or to use NCS(get ur passport back on the same day).

Jessica Chung
Newly Registered

Post by Jessica Chung » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:57 pm

Thanks for your reply! However I am still not clear if I should go for registration, as I read from the website, it says to apply for registration you have to be ordinarily resident in HK but I have been living in the UK for 9 years since 2005 so does that mean I should go for naturalisation instead of registration? I'm a bit confused.

Thanks,
Jessica

wahahahawaha
Newly Registered

Post by wahahahawaha » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:17 am

I didnt see anywhere say living in hk. I do see people with a lot of different interpertation with using BOTA.
BOTA require to live in the uk for 5 year with minimum of 1 year ILR.
I've been here for 10 with 3 yr ILR. I applied at the end of sept and by the look of the current progress i would get it soon. So we will know for sure.
As I say if want to be save can go for AN (for any national to gain british citizenship) which is only 70 odd pound difference to BOTA. Since u have waited 6 years and the fee must have doubled since 08. Why not spend that 70 then.

Jessica Chung
Newly Registered

Post by Jessica Chung » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:22 am

Alright cheers. Good luck to your application!

Jessica