ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spain schengen visa to UK spouce only 15 day single entry

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pj007
Newly Registered

Spain schengen visa to UK spouce only 15 day single entry

Post by Pj007 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:16 pm

I am a British citizen
My wife arrived in the uk as spouce of a british citizen (2 yr entry visa) in 2011, from Sri lanka
Now she has ILR (bionetrics card)

We appled for a schengen visa to spain 2 weeks ago through the vfs in London
Sought a multiple entry visa in the application
Following documents were submitted
1 photograph
2wifes passport with uk entry clerence as a British citizens wife
3 wife's current IlR residence permit
4 our marrage certificate and translation certified by the high commision of sri lanka
5 my british passport
6confirmed air ticket and hotel booking for dec2014 (.5 day trip) to barcelona during christmas

I noted the above document 6 is not a must accoding to the visa application, but as it was stated in the spanish vfs site as a requrement, we submitted the same

She apid the visa handling fee of £16, no application fee

Today we got her visa, to my surprice she is only given 1entry ( single entry) for 15 days only

I specifically requested a multiple and my understanding was she would get a 6 month valid visa

In the past we have applied to french schengen and italian schengen, both visas are multiple, for 6 months

I quiest do not understand if spanish embassy made a mistake (thinking its a normal tourist non eea) or spanish embassy policy is different to rest of eurome when granting schengen visa to uk spouses.

I would like to get my wife the 6 months multiple as in the past, cost we may want to visit europe in january and really do not want to make a new application.

Could some one point me how to get this resolved

Thank you very much

acme4242

Re: Spain schengen visa to UK spouce only 15 day single entr

Post by acme4242 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:14 am

Do I read correct, you both go to Spain for a half day (.5) and you booked a hotel for half day

For Standard Schengen Visa, validity is intended duration of stay, as indicated in your hotel and flight bookings
plus 15 days
http://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/polici ... 620_en.pdf
Page 71
9.1.1. A uniform visa
Legal basis: Visa Code, Article 24
The territorial validity of the visa: a uniform visa allows the holder to circulate in the entire
territory of the Member States.
9.1.1.1. Period of validity
The period of validity should correspond to the information provided by the applicant. In all
cases an additional "period of grace" of 15 days should be included in the period of validity to
allow for a certain room for manoeuvre for the visa holder
For Family members of EU Citizens
page 72-73
9.1.1.3. Number of entries
:
:
– multiple entries
When a multiple entry visa is issued with a period of validity between 6 months and 5 years,
:
:
Under the following circumstances a multiple-entry visa (including for the purpose of transit)
shall be issued:

:
:
• family members of citizens of the Union, and family members of third-country nationals
legally residing in Member States.

Pj007
Newly Registered

Re: Spain schengen visa to UK spouce only 15 day single entr

Post by Pj007 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:13 pm

Thanks for your msg - acme4242

Its 5 days, not .5 (1/2 day). my mistake