ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appeal in process , work not allowed.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mani1986
Newly Registered

appeal in process , work not allowed.

Post by Mani1986 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:56 pm

Hello everyone I have been reading this forum from last couple of months and its really helpful. I am really worried about my case which is described below. and i have few questions.

I applied for eea2 unmarried partner in april 2013 and it was refused because I couldn,t provide 2 years cohabitation. it was refused and the reason is " relationship is not durable because we as a couple didnt meet the home office requirement of 2 years." I launched the appeal and my hearing is in next year.In this all process HO dint allow me to work but i have been working so far. my question is:

is it possible my appeal refuses on the bases that I wasn't allowed to work and I have been working in this all process??

According to my solicitor it is criminal offence and it can effect my appeal and application. because the time i will go to the court i will be in 2 years of relationship with my partner. it means we will fulfill the requirement of home office..

Kindly help me I am so worried now because I dont want to loose my appeal.
regards

el patron
Member of Standing

Re: appeal in process , work not allowed.

Post by el patron » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:50 am

Your solicitor makes a valid point, as the application you have made involves the exercise of the secretary of state's discretion and she can undertake a wide examination of all the circumstances. I would expect you may win at appeal on the basis of the length of the relationship but the decision may be to direct the Home Office to remake their decision and thus they would be able to take into account any relevant information that exists at the time of the hearing, thus creating a possible further reason for refusal.

Mani1986
Newly Registered

Re: appeal in process , work not allowed.

Post by Mani1986 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:51 am

Thanks for your reply patron much appreciated. That,s why I am gona be without work now as I have already given my leaving notice to company. because i really want to win the appeal and don't want to take any sort of risk.