ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statements / Foreign property deeds

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

michaelknight

Bank statements / Foreign property deeds

Post by michaelknight » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:23 pm

Hello ,

I cant find any information regarding these worries!

I want to make an application sooner rather than later, the bank statements take 10 working days to be sent out by post. Do the HO accept printed bank statements with a stamp and letter from the bank instead of the original statements sent by post? I want to make our application perfect.

Also, I have a property I rent in Spain and it asks in the application for proof of ownership. The Spanish lawyers that processed my apartment purchase sent me the deeds by email and stated that I cannot have original. Will the home office query these documents to their authenticity?

Thank you in advance

Michael

michaelknight

Re: Bank statements / Foreign property deeds

Post by michaelknight » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:31 pm

Additionally , I also have a bank account in Spain and not sure how i can get verified bank statements as I check it on online banking

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:14 pm

The HO will accept bank statements which are stamped by the bank - but be aware that a lot of banks won't do this unless they are printed in branch. However, the printed ones in branch may not contain all the required information (e.g. your name/address).

In terms of the deeds for the property - if they are copies - they need to be certified. So a simple email print out won't do. You also need to be aware that if they are in Spanish they need to be translated to English and certified again by the translator.

I would suggest, for your Spanish bank statements, that you give them a call and get them to send you some.

michaelknight

Post by michaelknight » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:45 pm

Thank you that is very sound advice and we didn't consider any of those points until now.

I have contacted the lawyers we used in Spain and hopefully we can find a cheap way to translate and get certified.

My employer is going to make my documents next week but my bosses run two companies. I asked them to pay me and provide the payslip and letter from them all in the same company name and asked if i am registered and will be paid by the same company. Can this be an issue if they have two seperate limited companies and mix my employee details across the two?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:43 pm

michaelknight wrote:Thank you that is very sound advice and we didn't consider any of those points until now.

I have contacted the lawyers we used in Spain and hopefully we can find a cheap way to translate and get certified.

My employer is going to make my documents next week but my bosses run two companies. I asked them to pay me and provide the payslip and letter from them all in the same company name and asked if i am registered and will be paid by the same company. Can this be an issue if they have two seperate limited companies and mix my employee details across the two?
Your employer really needs to make sure this is all aligned. UKBA are also now checking with the RTI PAYE system (e.g. they are checking the real time tax information your employer is sending).

So if you are employed by limited company 1 - but he's paying you under limited company 2 - that could cause you real problems as you won't appear to be employed by limited company 1. But if they've already been mixing/matching where your pay is coming from - it might be too late.

michaelknight

Post by michaelknight » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:14 pm

Thank you again for your wisdom! This is my first months pay next week, so its first payslip and my company registering me as they use an external company for the staff salaries. I have expressed to my boss that it all should be aligned and from the same source and i will be registered with the RTI Paye system.

I have more queries if you can help please :)

I had rental income from a property in Spain and I have received payments from airbnb/trip advisor into various bank accounts and PayPal. I received payments into an English account which i have bank statements and print screens from these agencies, I will try and show statements from my Spanish account. I cant prove the authenticity of PayPal but can highlight withdrawing the payments into my English account. I am also just about to pay tax online for all this rental income and unsure if I have shown enough evidence of the payments and how I will show the tax paid from my self assessment.

Thanks

Michael

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:17 pm

Tax paid is easy. Self assessment + statement of account from HMRC.

However, income for a rental requires a rental agreement or contract - so I suspect you may have supply each and every booking from airbnb since it isn't a single contract.

Otherwise you just have to show the income is making it to your personal bank account.

If this is your first month of employment - which category are you planning on using for the employment income - A or B?

michaelknight

Post by michaelknight » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:43 pm

Hello, thanks again for the tips. Really helpful!

I have been paid this week, first months pay but my boss has made a mistake and paid me 16 days at 18,000 per year. My boss has said he can provide any documents including a letter stating a pay rise plus my other employer documents required for this spouse visa.

I am very concerned now as this has put us in an awkward position. Is a contract stating my new salary enough with the last 12 months. I meet the threshold but I have just been paid my first months salary at 18,000. My next paycheck is 19th December with the new salary , should I wait?

michaelknight

Post by michaelknight » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:16 pm

Bump :)

Can I apply for a spouse visa Cat B and C but with a temporary contract with a letter to go permanent in the future?

Michael