ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Did Not attend interview

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ebefo
Newly Registered

Did Not attend interview

Post by ebefo » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:30 pm

I know it sounds weird but it was not my fault; we were invited for an interview but due to unforeseen circumstances my wife had to stay back in her home country so we could not attend the interview, we sent a scanned copy of her granny's death certificate and a certified translated copy to the HO, now we got email that our case has been forwarded to a case worker for decision.

What chances have we got, considering the paragraph in the EU regulation that allows absence of the eea sponsor for 1 year in rear cases ?

#Continuity of residence

3. (1) This regulation applies for the purpose of calculating periods of continuous residence in the United Kingdom under regulation 5(1) and regulation 15.

(2) Continuity of residence is not affected by —

(a)periods of absence from the United Kingdom which do not exceed six months in total in any year;

(b)periods of absence from the United Kingdom on military service; or

(c)any one absence from the United Kingdom not exceeding twelve months for an important reason such as pregnancy and childbirth, serious illness, study or vocational training or an overseas posting.#

Its over 2 months now :(