ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Using EU dirving licence from 6 years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bella01
Newly Registered

Using EU dirving licence from 6 years

Post by Bella01 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:17 pm

Since we live in England (6.5 years), my husband has never changed his EU driving licence to a british one.
I have british driving licence but I forgot to change the address on it since we last moved (that was 6 months ago)
Can it be a problem when we apply for naturalisation?
In the NCS office they are asking for the driving licence as a supporting document (we have an appointment for next week).
My husband wants to change his licence after we sent our AN forms to the HO as we heard there are delays in the DVLA.

mariof
Newly Registered

Re: Using EU dirving licence from 6 years

Post by mariof » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:20 pm

Can't you just say you don't have one? Not everybody drives!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:30 pm

You risk a fine of £1,000 if you're stopped by police and found to have an incorrect address on your driving licence.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:37 pm

Bella01 wrote:Since we live in England (6.5 years), my husband has never changed his EU driving licence to a british one.
I have british driving licence but I forgot to change the address on it since we last moved (that was 6 months ago)
Can it be a problem when we apply for naturalisation?
In the NCS office they are asking for the driving licence as a supporting document (we have an appointment for next week).
My husband wants to change his licence after we sent our AN forms to the HO as we heard there are delays in the DVLA.
I think you are Duplicating topic?
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Bella01
Newly Registered

Post by Bella01 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:49 pm

Thank you for the quick reply.

I think I found one answer
LIUK guide book says: "If your driving licence from EU you can drive in the UK for as long as your licence is valid."

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:36 pm

Yes, but you were asking about submitting your driving licence which is registered to a previous address.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

MSaxp

Post by MSaxp » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:14 am

Driving on an EU license is perfectly legal. Driving on a UK license with the wrong address isnt.

And no, you cant submit a UK license with the wrong address as proof of your current address.