ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa type and points for tier 2 general dependent visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

esash
Newly Registered

visa type and points for tier 2 general dependent visa

Post by esash » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:17 pm

Hi all,

I have a few queries regarding applying for a tier 2 general dependent visa.

In my case, I am going to get married in a week from now. My would-be husband holds a Tier-2 general Work Permit visa and is present in UK from the past 9 months. He is working on a contract of 2 years. He will be switching jobs after this contract period. I will be submitting my visa application and documents in person in the visa office after my marriage. But I am trying to submit my online application before marriage. Here are my questions.

1. Since while submitting the online application I am unmarried and not staying with spouse, but while submitting the application in person in the visa office, I will be married and will be staying with spouse, am I supposed to put an yes for these questions in the online application form?
2. I checked in this forum and found that one of the documents required is the biometric card copy of my spouse. My would-be husband doesn't have such a card. Is this card mandatory? If yes, how to procure it? And how much time will it take to procure it?
3. I am putting the reason for visit as Work, visa type as tier 2 general, visa sub type as general partner up to 3 years. Is this right?
4. My would-be husband had to fill sections in his application to accumulate points in his application. Since I am his dependent, do I need to accumulate points? If yes, how? And how many points do I have to accumulate?
5. With a tier-2 general dependent visa, will I be able to work full time? Also, with this visa, will I be able to study full time? I plan to pursue my higher studies and would like to work until I get my admission. So, can I work or study with this visa?

Kindly reply to my doubts asap as I need to fill this application as early as possible. Thanks a lot to everyone for your patience and time and effort.

With Best Regards,
Esash

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: visa type and points for tier 2 general dependent visa

Post by iworker » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:33 am

1. I will suggest you should wait to get married before you submit the applicaiton. As the questions like are u are spouse etc might create a mess if you submit the application before wedding. So maybe start the application, make it all ready, and submit it maybe next day of wedding.

2. Biometeric card is issued when u extend the visa within uk. Since you husband to be applied visa from his home country, he has a sticker in his passport. A copy of that will be fine.

3. correct Yes spot on.

4. No points for u.

5. yes, you are free to work, study and do whatever u like, except working as doctor in training.

apart from this, there are other things u should submit, like bank statements for financial requirements, proof of wedding, etc.. do more research on this forum and u will have the details. especially, some of the documents will be required from your husband, so best check up now and maybe he can bring them with him when he comes.