ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

luckylondon

Travel

Post by luckylondon » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:19 pm

Today I called NCS warwick for appointment...I told the counselor..I am planing to Travel after the application.. but she Replied, Its not advisable or recommended ...to travel after the application.

But I was thinking to travel for 3-4 months after submitting application. Can someone please throw some light on this...Has anyone face any difficulty ? or any experience ....Thanks

bubulinea
Newly Registered

Re: Travel

Post by bubulinea » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:48 pm

Well, you can travel. I certainly did after sending my application in July and I was away for a month. However, it can be tricky if you're planning to go for 3-4 months, seeing that the general processing time of applications seems to be around 3 months. You should have someone taking care of your mail while you're away in case the approval letter comes through.

I'm saying this because upon approval, you will receive the approval letter from the Home Office and you have 21 days in which you have to contact your local council for the citizenship ceremony. Quoting from my Home Office letter:
You should contact the authority [...] within 21 days of the date of this letter to book your ceremony

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:40 pm

There are no restrictions on traveling after you submit your application but you have to book your ceremony 3 weeks after receiving approval and attend the ceremony after 90 days the latest.
I am sometimes wrong.

luckylondon

Post by luckylondon » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:38 pm

Thanks, yes my friend will be here to look after ...if any letter or approval comes by post. Once received i can book my Ceremony and come back accordingly.....Thanks

VOR
Newly Registered

Post by VOR » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:09 pm

@ luckylondon do you have a British Passport?

Are you planning to travel having not received citizenship in the UK?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:49 pm

luckylondon wrote:Today I called NCS warwick for appointment...I told the counselor..I am planing to Travel after the application.. but she Replied, Its not advisable or recommended ...to travel after the application.

But I was thinking to travel for 3-4 months after submitting application. Can someone please throw some light on this...Has anyone face any difficulty ? or any experience ....Thanks
Careful, no one has mentioned the biometrics that you have to do!
Within about two weeks of the application date you will receive a letter requesting you do the biometrics within 15 work days of the the letter date. If you miss this you will get another letter which gives you 10 days. I would plan to travel after biometrics are done. But also have someone check your mail whilst you are away in case further information is requested.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:39 pm

VOR wrote:@ luckylondon do you have a British Passport?

Are you planning to travel having not received citizenship in the UK?
alterhase58 wrote:
luckylondon wrote:Today I called NCS warwick for appointment...I told the counselor..I am planing to Travel after the application.. but she Replied, Its not advisable or recommended ...to travel after the application.

Careful, no one has mentioned the biometrics that you have to do!
Within about two weeks of the application date you will receive a letter requesting you do the biometrics within 15 work days of the the letter date. If you miss this you will get another letter which gives you 10 days. I would plan to travel after biometrics are done. But also have someone check your mail whilst you are away in case further information is requested.
To both of you, this topic is more than 2 year old. I am fairly certain that the OP has received BC and passport by now. Please check the dates of topics before you post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.