ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Spatacus » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:07 am

Congratulations to MM and MD who received their ILR approval yesterday. We hope to see more approvals this week and next week. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone who are on the waiting list.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:10 am

Go0612 wrote:ALLAH Ka shukar hy, I have received my ILR today.

I have written my brief introduction on page 847.

29/04/14 FLR(O)/FP applied to complete 10 years
19/06/14 SET (LR) apllied 27 days before completion of 10 yrs and asked to vary FIrst application
24/06/14 payment deducted and acknowledgedment received
05/07/14 bio enrolled for first application
17/07/14 FIrst application refused and when spoke to HO, they asked to return docs its system mistake.
31/07/14 appealed against refusal as advised by solicitor as no decision withdrawal confirmation received

22/08/14 first application fee refunded
Appeal hearing letter received for 19/01/15
20/09/14 bio enrolment invitation received and enrolled

31/10/14 asked MP to write them

14/11/14 approval decision made
19/11/14 BRP and docs received

I express my sincere gratitude to all members on this forum who are sharing, caring and trying to help others.
This forum and timeline is very helpful to calm nerves and ease bit of pressure.

Congrats to all who have received approvals and Good luck to all waiting
Congratulations buddy. Wow what a history. You really deserved the freedom. Go sit down with a bottle of wine and celebrate

18august2014

Post by 18august2014 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:08 am

Dear all,

I spoke to the Home Office (customer service centre) yesterday (19th) and they advised that a letter/mail was on its way to me. They were able to tell me that a decision had been taken but that they were unable to check the status of the decision (whether approved, rejected, referred, etc.). They were also able to tell me that the date of the communication was 16 November 2014. Note that my application date was 18 August 2014.

The 16th, being a Sunday, would mean that the mail was despatched on Tuesday 18th so I would expect something arriving today (20th) given that the Home Office uses second class post (two to three days delivery). The caseworker, however, sent the mail to my home address and not to my correspondence address; I will not be at home to sign for the mail but I am hoping to pick it up from the depot by this Saturday. The call agent provided me with the Royal Mail tracking number which is not useful at this stage as it only tracks delivered items (i.e. recorded delivery only and not special delivery). To clarify, I did not provide a pre-paid special delivery envelope when I applied.

I thought I would share this story with users here and I can only hope that the decision/communication in the post is in my favour!

All the best.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:52 am

18august2014 wrote:Dear all,

I spoke to the Home Office (customer service centre) yesterday (19th) and they advised that a letter/mail was on its way to me. They were able to tell me that a decision had been taken but that they were unable to check the status of the decision (whether approved, rejected, referred, etc.). They were also able to tell me that the date of the communication was 16 November 2014. Note that my application date was 18 August 2014.

The 16th, being a Sunday, would mean that the mail was despatched on Tuesday 18th so I would expect something arriving today (20th) given that the Home Office uses second class post (two to three days delivery). The caseworker, however, sent the mail to my home address and not to my correspondence address; I will not be at home to sign for the mail but I am hoping to pick it up from the depot by this Saturday. The call agent provided me with the Royal Mail tracking number which is not useful at this stage as it only tracks delivered items (i.e. recorded delivery only and not special delivery). To clarify, I did not provide a pre-paid special delivery envelope when I applied.

I thought I would share this story with users here and I can only hope that the decision/communication in the post is in my favour!

All the best.
Hello 18august,
What a big relief to hear some positive news this week. I sincerely hope that many other applicants in August will have more good news by the end of the week. Congratulations in advance.

18august2014

Post by 18august2014 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:03 am

Thank you Spatacus BUT I haste to add that it is not clear whether the application has been accepted, rejected or referred. I will update this Board on receipt of the letter.

Spatacus wrote:

All the best.
Hello 18august,
What a big relief to hear some positive news this week. I sincerely hope that many other applicants in August will have more good news by the end of the week. Congratulations in advance.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:58 am

All the best.
@18august2014

Use this URL to access complete tracking details from the point where it is accepted by RM:

http://www.royalmail.com/trackdetails

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:16 am

18august2014 wrote:Thank you Spatacus BUT I haste to add that it is not clear whether the application has been accepted, rejected or referred. I will update this Board on receipt of the letter.

Spatacus wrote:

All the best.
Hello 18august,
Remain positive bro, I strongly believe it is a good news

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:11 pm

Hi all,
Actually i am a silent member of this forum and have applied for my ILR in the first week of june, today i have received a letter from the home office saying that they can't decide my application until march 2015, has anybody else received such letter or in the same situation as me ?

thanks

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:26 pm

hammad14 wrote:Hi all,
Actually i am a silent member of this forum and have applied for my ILR in the first week of june, today i have received a letter from the home office saying that they can't decide my application until march 2015, has anybody else received such letter or in the same situation as me ?

thanks
Can you please explain your case history to us. March 2015 is a long period.
But on a positive note once you get your ILR you can apply for your naturalisation earlier without waiting for 12 months after your ILR decision as delay is from HO end which is not your fault.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:04 pm

thanks
some people have received similar letters but you need to explain a little bit more about your case

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:25 pm

Congrats @Tonia L. Guys could everyone post a small message so that we know you got your ILR's .

RRequest to all users " Please do not play with spreadsheet request senior members to update your info"

rhymer2k
Newly Registered

Post by rhymer2k » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:41 pm

First time posting but been reading the thread before I applied on the 19th of August. Thanks for all the useful information i received from members like Shajee. The people around me in the tracker that applied on the same day as me have received their responses so i'm hopeful mine is coming soon. I should have been less laid back with my biometric submission but hopefully its just a week's delay.

Goodluck to everyone else waiting, hope we get more responses. Hopefully i can update everyone soon with some good news of my own soon.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:46 pm

Arsal385 wrote:

thanks
But on a positive note once you get your ILR you can apply for your naturalisation earlier without waiting for 12 months after your ILR decision as delay is from HO end which is not your fault.

@Arsal385 explain the above post . I assume that when he gets ILR it will be stamped from the date issued and then applicant must wait for 1 year for Naturalisation?

or you mean otherwise like he will get it stamped from the date his previous visa expires so he can apply for naturalisation early? Please explain what you mean with some example and date love to know that

mamun_tair
Newly Registered

Post by mamun_tair » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:03 pm

maddysheffield wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:

thanks

@Arsal385 explain the above post . I assume that when he gets ILR it will be stamped from the date issued and then applicant must wait for 1 year for Naturalisation?

or you mean otherwise like he will get it stamped from the date his previous visa expires so he can apply for naturalisation early? Please explain what you mean with some example and date love to know that
As far as I know, you can apply for Naturalisation:
1) after 1 year of granting ILR , or
2) After 18 month of the day you submit your ILR application if the home office delayed the decision.
Am I right ? !

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:11 pm

mamun_tair wrote:
As far as I know, you can apply for Naturalisation:
1) after 1 year of granting ILR , or
2) After 18 month of the day you submit your ILR application if the home office delayed the decision.
Am I right ? !

1) Yes

2) After 15 months of date of application if the HO take more than 6 months to decide your application

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:21 pm

[/quote]

But on a positive note once you get your ILR you can apply for your naturalisation earlier without waiting for 12 months after your ILR decision as delay is from HO end which is not your fault.[/quote]

or you mean otherwise like he will get it stamped from the date his previous visa expires so he can apply for naturalisation early? Please explain what you mean with some example and date love to know that[/quote]
@Maddysheffield
Fielddrive and mamum have explained this in their responses.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:28 pm

@viganooriah any updates from you mate... we are eagerly waiting to hear about your approval... its been loooooooooong

meghankit

Post by meghankit » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:09 pm

Go0612 wrote:ALLAH Ka shukar hy, I have received my ILR today.

I have written my brief introduction on page 847.

29/04/14 FLR(O)/FP applied to complete 10 years
19/06/14 SET (LR) apllied 27 days before completion of 10 yrs and asked to vary FIrst application
24/06/14 payment deducted and acknowledgedment received
05/07/14 bio enrolled for first application
17/07/14 FIrst application refused and when spoke to HO, they asked to return docs its system mistake.
31/07/14 appealed against refusal as advised by solicitor as no decision withdrawal confirmation received

22/08/14 first application fee refunded
Appeal hearing letter received for 19/01/15
20/09/14 bio enrolment invitation received and enrolled

31/10/14 asked MP to write them

14/11/14 approval decision made
19/11/14 BRP and docs received

I express my sincere gratitude to all members on this forum who are sharing, caring and trying to help others.
This forum and timeline is very helpful to calm nerves and ease bit of pressure.

Congrats to all who have received approvals and Good luck to all waiting

dear Go0612
congratulations on getting ILR

i have one question for you if you dont mind please
could you please tell me what procedure you did to get the refund for the first application fees?
please let me know

regards

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:32 pm

fielddrive wrote:@viganooriah any updates from you mate... we are eagerly waiting to hear about your approval... its been loooooooooong
Very nice of you for asking Fielddrive...
Up until today I haven't had anything yet. I've been calling the Home Office on a weekly basis, and still the same standard answer.
Tumbin advised me, and I did get in touch with my MP 2 weeks ago tomorrow Friday 21 Nov. I'll call my MP again tomorrow to chase him up.
It's been over 6 months now, but I'm wondering if I will also be able to apply for naturalisation 15 from the date I applied for my ILR?
V

md.hasan1
Newly Registered

Post by md.hasan1 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:22 am

Dear senior members
Please healp regarding my situation.
My passport in the HO expired last year June.applied set(lr).bio done two weeks ago.

first appication was on FLR(o) refused by HO was done in October 2012.all appeal in time then appeal withdrawn. Made application within 28 days.

My question is
1.my employer has confirmation from HOME OFFICE regarding right to work when they did last check back in June (appeal hearing was still pending in June)untill December.when they query to ECS in December will they get confirmation about my right to work?
2.I have been to Bangladesh high commission regarding passport as it expired last year June in home office they can't issue a new Passport untill they have a certified copy of my previous passport.shall I call home office to send me a certified copy?just confused if HO office sends my appication back because of expired passport what should I do?

3.will it take longer to decide in my case as it has been a different one and also passport expired?
Cant afford any solicitor your advice will be highly appreciated

Many thanks

sheikhsaddy
Newly Registered

Post by sheikhsaddy » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:41 am

sheikhsaddy wrote:I got my ILR confirmation today.

I sent the application on 20th June 2014 but received the Biometrics Letter on 20th September 2014 which I registered the same day. My 10 years were mix of Student+PSW+Tier1 General.

I am now waiting for the BRP which should not take long.

Thank you all for the wonderful support and sharing. Wish you all the best.
Dear friends,

It seems that my running after the immigration rules is not yet over despite my ILR. I need some help for the dependant visa's financial requirements. My wife and two kids need to apply for the FLR(M) I believe. Could you please help me confirm that this is the right category and what are the financial/maintenance requirements.

They were both granted the last BRP as Tier 1 Dependents. They all became my dependents well before July 2012. My little knowledge and research says that they are eligible for the 2 Years Route and can apply for ILR immediately after getting FLR(M). Am I right? Also, what maintenance/financial requirements will apply to them?

Hope to hear your kind words. Cheers,

Saddy

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:32 am

sheikhsaddy wrote:

I sent the application on 20th June 2014 but received the Biometrics Letter on 20th September 2014 which I registered the same day. My 10 years were mix of Student+PSW+Tier1 General.

Dear friends,

It seems that my running after the immigration rules is not yet over despite my ILR. I need some help for the dependant visa's financial requirements. My wife and two kids need to apply for the FLR(M) I believe. Could you please help me confirm that this is the right category and what are the financial/maintenance requirements.

They were both granted the last BRP as Tier 1 Dependents. They all became my dependents well before July 2012. My little knowledge and research says that they are eligible for the 2 Years Route and can apply for ILR immediately after getting FLR(M). Am I right? Also, what maintenance/financial requirements will apply to them?

Saddy
It is correct that your dependents will need to apply through FLR (M) since they arrived prior to 9th July 2012 therefore I believe they will need to show maintenance requirements only and not the financial requirements.
Download the latest FLR (M) form and guidance form which will guide you through the whole process. You will also need to show english language requirement for your spouse and cohabiltation documents that you both are living together atleast for the last 2 years. However, once your wife get dependant of settled person visa through FLR (M) form she will need to complete 5 years in the UK first to be eligible for ILR and all her previous stay will be disallowed by HO.

If you kids were born here then you do not need to include them in FLR (M) instead you can register them as a British citizenship.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:58 am

sheikhsaddy wrote:

Dear friends,

Saddy
Hello Saddy,
If your two children were born in the UK, then you need to apply for them using form MN1. You do need any requirements to apply for MN1 as long as you attach
1) Original full UK birthday certificates
2) Photocopy of your ILR approval letter and BRP if available at the time you are making the application
3) Passport photos of your two children attached to the application form with their names and DOB written on the back
4) Two referee to sign the forms.
5) Payment slips for the application

If they were not born in the UK then you need to meet the financial requirements for FLR(M) which is £18,600 for your wife only.If you are including your two children then you will need additional finances as stated in the form. Could I ask you to please check HO website and search for FLRM application form and read the financial requirements section it is quite simple and straightforward.
Hope this helps

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:05 am

Arsal385 wrote:
sheikhsaddy wrote:

Dear friends,

Saddy
It is correct that your dependents will need to apply through FLR (M) since they arrived prior to 9th July 2012 therefore I believe they will need to show maintenance requirements only and not the financial requirements.
Download the latest FLR (M) form and guidance form which will guide you through the whole process. You will also need to show english language requirement for your spouse and cohabiltation documents that you both are living together atleast for the last 2 years. However, once your wife get dependant of settled person visa through FLR (M) form she will need to complete 5 years in the UK first to be eligible for ILR and all her previous stay will be disallowed by HO.

If you kids were born here then you do not need to include them in FLR (M) instead you can register them as a British citizenship.
Hello you are right to some extent. Irrespective of when your dependent came to the UK the rules have changed since they were your dependents on Tier 1 which is point base system then you have to meet the financial requirements and english requirements as well.
And all the time spent in the UK resets to zero which means the time for your wife to gain ILR will be 5 years from when she receive her approval for FLRM

2015App
Newly Registered

Post by 2015App » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:18 am

Hi,

I am filling the application from set(LR). I have came across the situation where both of the address field do not make my five year address history. what shall I do to show the five years address ?

Thanks