ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General dependant visa processing delay

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

deep84
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General dependant visa processing delay

Post by deep84 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:26 pm

Hi,

Today i received the passports with visa stamping, It took 17 working days for processing the applications (main+2 dependents).

Don't get tensed if you get such email. Hope to get the positive response soon.

regards,
Deepak

royalrams
Newly Registered

Post by royalrams » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:39 am

Congrats @pkd1710 :) :)

sree1986
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4 General STUDENT & dependant visa processing dela

Post by sree1986 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:35 pm

DEAR FRIENDS,
I HAVE SUBMITTED STUDENT VISA AND STUDENT DEPENDENT VISA TIER 4 GENERAL ON 25 AUGUST 2014 FROM VFS OFFICE COCHIN .BUT STILL TODAY WE HAVEN'T GET ANY POSITIVE REPLY FROM BRITISH DEPUTY HIGH COMMISSION OFFICE CHENNAI. WE KEEP DOING MAIL TO BDHC BUT WE GET REPLY THAT MY PROCESS IN UNDER ECO.MY UNIVESITY CLASSES ALREADY STARTED ON 6TH OCT 2014.ON MY REQUEST THEY ALLOW TO ME DO LATE REGISTRATION BY 17TH OCT 2014. I AM REALLY WORRIED ABOUT DELAY ON MY VISA PROCESS. COULD ANYONE PLEASE GIVE SOME ADVICE ON THIS SITUATION & KINDLY TELL ANYONE GET VISA AFTER 25TH AUGUST FROM CHENNAI OFFICE.

farhan11
Newly Registered

Post by farhan11 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:51 am

i have just posted my topic...please reply ..Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 .PLEASE HELP !

pythonista
India

Post by pythonista » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:27 am

1. Category applying under : Tier 2 General Migrant + Partner + Child
2. Country of application : India
3. City of Visa Application Centre : Delhi
4. Date of application : 9th Oct 2014
5. Date of submission of documents (if different from 3 above) : 9th Oct 2014
6. Date Entry Clearance valid from : 4th Nov 2014
7. Duration for Entry Clearance : 3 years
8. Date passport received : Migrant + Partner (3rd Nov 2014), Child (STILL WAITING!!)

Does anyone know why would this happen? Why would my child's decision be delayed when it is already approved for me and my spouse?

When I wrote to the vfs about the status of child's application, I got the following response:
"We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status (GWF******** and date of birth
**/**/2012) and found that a decision on your application has been delayed
whilst further enquiries are being conducted. Your visa application centre
or the entry clearance officer will contact you once a decision has been
made or, if necessary, during the consideration of your application."

I fail to understand what further enquiries would be needed for my child?

Also they have returned me back all the documents including birth certificate of my child. Has this happened with anyone else also?

Porus

Post by Porus » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:03 am

I have submitted Tier 2 dependent visa application on 1sep and recently called helpline and they have given an escalation case number as well. However VFS staff was implying that since I had been in ICT (company sponsored )visa visits to UK many times before they have referred it to 3rd party for investigation. As it is more than 60 days of my biometric application can any experienced person share their views on what sort of investigation they do and any one in similar situation please?.

thanks a lot.

Porus

Post by Porus » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:22 pm

Any expert please share your views on why my dependent visa along with my child is deferred and delayed for more than 60 days please. Did I miss some documents here ? . I have submitted the following for my dependent visa application . 1) Tier2 migrant's visa pages with COS info 2) Original bank statements for 90 days minimum balance +Bank manager letter in letter head with signature 3) second UK HSBC bank account +Property papers to show good financial status 3) Original Marriage certificate 4) Name had initials in bank Account (ex A.B.Name) and in Passport ( Alpha Beta Name) and hence original Adhaar Card (Indian Identity) having Alpha Beta Name exactly as in passport.5) Original Driving licence having Initials (A.B Name) to prove that such name exists in key documents as well 6) Original Court stamped Notary by Soliciter to prove both names belong to the same person. 7) Current Company ID card copy for any reference as I travelled with Tier 2 ICT (company sponsored) visa until 3 months back for a year where TIer A sponsored company details can be verified by British High commission in Delhi. 8) Original Rental Agreements in UK for staying together with Tier 2 Migrant + Original Utility Bills +Council Tax +Join bank Account statements. 9) Original Masters Degree Certificate .

I have been in UK for 3 years earlier between 2006-9 as well and I dont understand why they are investigating my case for so long . 10 times paid VFS call resulted in couple of escalation numbers 2 weeks back and the answer from British high commission is the same . Decision is pending and have patience. My Company is eager to depute me to a UK project where as my passport is stuck due to my own visa application. Any experts please point out if I have missed out something or if I can do something to expedite the visa process please?!. Thanks for any inputs/views shared.

NileshN
Newly Registered

Post by NileshN » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:45 am

Hi porus,

Even I have been waiting from past 60days n have travelled to uk earlier on ICT n lived for more than 3yrs. I have applied for tier 2 general main from Mumbai on 27th august. As u said even I have been chasing them via all means of communication to no avail. But I just happened to check that you have applied from Delhi n if u check visa processing time on gov.uk for sept 2014 it shows 100% for 120 days so I guess u can contact them and ask y its updated 100% if your appln not processed. If u see Mumbai it still shows 99%. So I guess I will still have to wait till hear from them.

Porus

Post by Porus » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:07 am

Hi NileshN, Thanks for sharing the pain . My case is dependent visa which is family visa and only money for maintenance and Relationship should be verified or so I thought. I guess they are now investigating with Hospitals (for any free costly surgeries expenses I made in UK) or Police (Any traffic violation,police case etc) . A third party is involved and I guess its stuck due to lack of response there.I guess this is all conjecture until some experts share their view.

Porus

Post by Porus » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Hi Experts , 75 days have passed from the date of Biometric application for Tier 2 General dependent visa. I feel my case is the rarest case and can any expert suggest some ways to get past the VFS and reach british commission pls?. I have paid 200 pounds on just 10 phone calls to VFS who parrot the same "no update and be patient". Looks like they can only read the system updated by ECO per case and have no real ways to reach Entry clearance officer of British High Commission. I see the processing time is 99% for 1 month ,2 months,3 months and after 120 days its 100% . So there is no SLA to process the 1% deferred case and those cases are left unattended until the 4th month .

NileshN
Newly Registered

Post by NileshN » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:26 am

Hi Porus,

When r u going to complete 12 weeks after the biometric date. Mine will be 1st week of Dec. As per the processing time mentioned on gov.uk for non-settlement visa, its 100% within 12 weeks. I just wanted to know did u find any info how to go about to get the passport after 12 weeks. Because of no passport even you cannot travel any other country for business trip. Do you think solicitors would be any use to know the status n get the passport back.

Nilesh

NileshN
Newly Registered

Post by NileshN » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:48 am

Hi,

Anyone who has been waiting for tier 2 visa beyond 12 weeks. Please let me know whom to contact and how to expediate the process.

Porus

Post by Porus » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi Nilesh, my biometric date was 1st sep and already 83 days have passed though working days will be lesser I guess . I called VFS helpline and they said processing time is calculated by working days and if you count 12 weeks of working days it would be really more than 4 months . VFS staff has asked me to complain with Croydon office giving an email id but i am little apprehensive as I dont know how delhi ECO will react if escalation is happening from Croydon office. Just to keep you little hopeful there is a person with ID urfrnd whose tier 2 general visa was stamped after 7 months (not counting by working days).
My mistake is I have given too many original documents (driving license) , adhaar card as supplementary documents which are really not needed and I cannot fly even domestically.

NileshN
Newly Registered

Post by NileshN » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:07 pm

Hi Porus,

I guess its better not to escalate from Croydon but then who could be in better position to help in case if it takes beyond 12weeks. AsI have calculated 12 working weeks(total 60days) from my boimetric date I.e.27th Aug, it is Dec 1st week or so. Considering all the public holidays. Now my concern is the same. Hope it doesn't take like urfrn. I had been following his visa process. I can't wait so long nor my sponsor I guess. I was assuming that you got your visa last week and so no reply. I had mailed to Mumbai visa -British high commission but all useless replies. Standard answer internal enquiries going on so be patient. If I had to really believe the processing times mentioned on gov.uk then I guess non-settlement visa shouldn't go beyond 12 working weeks where 1wk is 5 days according to their website.

Is there anyone else facing same prob so its with only few selected or rather blessed ones, who haven't optd for fast track.

Porus

Post by Porus » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:57 pm

Hi Nilesh,
I have called paid helpline so many times to enquire and they are parroting the same thing as "no updates" but luckily not accepting payment for the last 3 calls. I have complained using email id given for complaints @homeoffice and got response saying investigation is in progress and no date cane be given when it will be over . This mail is from Delhi "ECM Case Worker" and hence I believe it is routed to application centre even if we raise a complaint against UK email ID. What puzzles me is that no body is giving any reason on where the suspicion is and why it is taking 90 days to investigate my details and get to the bottom of it. Original Bank Statement,Original Marriage Certificate and my previous visa entry/exit details are all readily available with them . I havent received any one reason from experts in this forum so as to get some sense out of this delay. Any progress in your visa ,please update and let me know if you know any other method to enquire with Case worker . Also my partner has raised it with Local MP and Local MP has posted a letter saying he has enquired about this visa application with visa team and will give some updates once he receives it.

I hope our Indian Case Workers dont respond "Investigation in progress-No update can be given" mail to Uk MP as well. I am really hoping some breakthrough somehow for my case.

NileshN
Newly Registered

Post by NileshN » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:57 am

Hi Porus,

No luck in my case also. Its been same with the emails n calls. I have asked my sponsor to enquire from his end but I guess even he will get the same response. Frankly I m not hoping any success till Jan or Feb as its Christmas n new year. So just keeping calm at the moment but I do drop an email to mumbai visa every week. I don't think anybody is aware why its delayed and why its taking so much time. BTW I hope you get some response since your partner has contacted local MP. Please let me know if you get any further update on your visa. I guess our case is turning to be like urfrn :( . Also I happened to check phillipe in expat forum who applied from Israel has got his visa after escalation and higher authority intervention and also he found it was delayed or on hold without any particular reason.

Nilesh

Porus

Post by Porus » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:43 pm

"it was delayed or on hold without any particular reason." Sounds strange. I dont know how you keep calm in this situation as I feel humiliated before my office folks and family on not knowing why investigation is this long as it implies I have some thing to hide or documents not straightforward like other applicants. Any interview request to share more proof falls on deaf ears. My company has booked me in a client project and there is a pressure from their side as well .Outofcountry Tier2 timelines thread is also very quiet and i am not sure whether applicants are not interested to update or whether they have not received passports yet just like us. Anyways I am glad that you responded and hope you update your status in this forum on any positive developments pls

NileshN
Newly Registered

Post by NileshN » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:43 am

Hi Porus,

Yes will surely update if I hear something on my visa status. As of now nothing and I guess not many must have had such experiences so not even experts are aware of any such situation and the reasons behind such long delay. Anyways hoping for the best. I do get frustrated with such long delay wherein my appln so straight forward and clear records on every aspect but still helpless. Apart from chasing them thru emails n phone we can't do much. Thats the fact. Well u too update me if you hear on ur visa. Thanks.
Nilesh

NileshN
Newly Registered

Post by NileshN » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:37 am

Hi Porus,

Any update on ur visa?

Porus

Post by Porus » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:08 pm

Hi Nilesh,
I am also waiting for my visas. I am sorry to hear that you are also in the same sorry state as I am in.Please let me know who gave the information to retrieve the passport back and I will ask them and know the process of withdrawing the applications as well.

NileshN
Newly Registered

Post by NileshN » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:07 pm

Hi Porus,

I wrote to Mumbai visa regarding the passport and application withdrawal. So I guess you can write to New Delhi if you have applied from there.

Porus

Post by Porus » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:37 am

I got a call from British High Commission and was asked who is the sponsor and details about the sponsor's employer and where the sponsor is right now. I gave details of my spouse(sponsor) and stated the person is in UK working in such and such organization. The lady from british high commission further said this is the only information they need and said thank you . I have got a similar call 3 months back with exactly the same questions and I am wondering why they cant see the cover letter/appointment letter where all these details are present. Further they might have access to UKBA where my spouse's entry into uk would have been registered . If after 3 months of investigation if they are asking such preliminary questions I am doubtful of their investigation claims on mail and phone..

Can any expert suggest if there is a genuine issue with British High commission where they cant find if my spouse entered UK or not?.
Any thoughts on these queries after 3 months of investigation please?!.

NileshN
Newly Registered

Post by NileshN » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:53 am

Hi Porus,

Did u get ur visa? Sent u pm.

Thanks

Nilesh

Porus

Post by Porus » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:17 pm

Not yet..Local MP sent a courier 15 days back where British commission staff wrote "apologies -we will contact you soon" ..may be british high commission indian staff dont know the meaning of "soon". really frustrating as 5 months passed and investigation is not over..

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:54 pm

royalrams wrote:Hi,

We have applied dependant visa(for spouse and below 2 years old son) on Aug 21st 2014.On the same day received sms like "your application is dispatched to uk BA" and till now we have not received any sms or email about the visa status.

I used visa email form service to enquire about dependant visa status.Today i.e Sep 10th 2014 I received the reply from chennai uk visa like
"Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we have been unable to make a decision on your application within our customer service targets. We will continue to progress your application and make a decision as soon as possible."

I had provided all the required documents except tenancy agreement as I don't have because I have been staying in friends share accommodation and I had gone through the UK BA website there I did not find anything mandatory for tenancy agreement.Please correct me if I am wrong.

Please could any one let me know what might be the wrong with my application.

Still waiting for the visa status.

Quick response would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hello royalrams

First of all Congrates that you got visa for your dependent, I'm also in the same situation where u are , means I'm going to apply for my wife and daughter visa in Tier2 General visa, but i dont have tenancy agreement because I'm living with my friend in a share accommodation like you ,
Would You like to share the complete list of documents which you have been submitted for the visa?

Many Thanks